Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Shehata apprentice oud for sale
River Angel
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 3-10-2015 at 07:16 PM
Shehata apprentice oud for sale

Hi there,
I'm selling my Shehata apprentice oud. I bought it from Mike a few months ago, so it's as good as new. The bowl is made of walnut and padauk. The oud has a lovely warm sound and comes with a new set of Pyramid Orange strings. I hate to see the oud go but my arms are a bit too short or rather it's just too big for me :(:(:(. I hope it finds a good home. I'm based in North-West London-UK.
For those who want to check the oud out, there's a clip on youtube (search for apprentice oud 013). I've also listed the oud on eBay (ID 301556234767) were you can find some pictures.
I'm not trying to make profit on the oud but the import charges from the US were exorbitant and I would like to have some of it back.
Ariƫla
hans
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 3-12-2015 at 01:01 AM

Hey river angel, you should try a turkish zenne. Turkish ouds have smaller bowls than arabic ones, and zenne's smaller still
River Angel
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 3-12-2015 at 11:10 AM

Hey Hans. Thanks for your reply. I actually bought a Turkish Zenne. Exactly the right size :):), but I'm not so keen on the sound :(. It will have to do for now. One day, if I ever manage to play properly, I hope to find a small size oud/have one custom made that sounds more like an Arabic one.
alchemy
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 3-19-2015 at 02:50 PM

River Angel: Saadettin Sandi makes arabic zenne ouds. I don't know about the quality of that instrument, but Saadetting Sandi seems to have a good reputation on the forum AFAIK.

Here is a publication of that instrument on eBay.

Have fun with your new oud!
River Angel
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 3-24-2015 at 02:17 PM

Spot on, Alchemy. The Sandi Arabic Zenne is the one I got. Definitively fair quality for the low price. Biggest surprise is that it stays in tune so well.

For those who might still be interested: My Shehata oud isn't sold yet. It's no longer listed on eBay.
I've uploaded some pictures and below is a link to a video clip.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py0U3o-cl3Q
For more info, drop me a message.

Go To Top