Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Kamil GÜL
Omar Al-Mufti
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 4-16-2015 at 06:31 AM
Kamil GÜL

Hi there,
Anyone knows this oud maker?
If yes, what is the quality? what is the price range?
pashe
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 8-12-2018 at 11:05 PM
Kamil Gul Oud GÜL

Hi,

There is no such a maker as Kamil Gul, it's a scam and factory built oud.

I bought a Kamil Gul Oud Walnut from https://www.ethnicmusical.com, paid $799USD.

I received an Oud directly shipped from salamuzik.com (from Turkey), The oud model was "Professional Turkish Oud HSO-302", $599 (factory built).

The inside label only had SalaMuzik.com and other marketing information about their site. No maker name since it is factory built. I have picture in case someone interested to see.

Most likely, EthnicMusical picked a scam name (Kamil Oud) and created facebook page and sell factory built oud under that name.

In short, https://www.ethnicmusical.com is the only Kamil Gul oud seller, and he is purchasing these factory build ouds from other websites.

I would not recommend EthnicMusical or Kamil Gul. I just cost you extra money.

Regards,

ChanningPDX
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 8-23-2018 at 11:10 AM

There is a luthier named Kamil Gül based in Ankara. He has a Facebook page and frequently posts photos and videos of his instruments. Forum member Fadel has also posted reviews of a couple of Kamil Gül ouds on Youtube. I know nothing about the quality or reputation of his instruments.

Ethnic Musical is a music shop based in Jerusalem. I had suspected that their cheaper no-name Turkish ouds might be the same as some of the ones I had seen on the Sala Muzik website. If you ordered a Kamil Gül and received a Sala oud instead, their website says that you can return it for a full refund within 14 days of the delivery date. (Hopefully you've done this already.)

This is all the more reason why in most cases it's probably better to contact the maker directly whenever possible rather than order through a middleman...

sidharta
Oud Addict

Mood: Feeling creative!

[*] posted on 8-10-2019 at 01:15 PM

Hello, it's Daniel here from Ethnic Musical.
Just wanted to confirm that the customer before has ordered a Kamil Gul oud from us and indeed didn't receive his order correctly. We acknowledge this mistake and the customer was compensated to his satisfaction.
We would like to note that we are certified dealers of Kamil Gul ouds, and we are buying ouds directly from his workshop. This information can be also verified directly with him.
Thanks guys!
Cheers
Daniel

Go To Top