Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: "Mystery" label on Dikran Najarian oud
jamesissa2004
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 5-13-2015 at 10:58 PM
"Mystery" label on Dikran Najarian oud

I have a Dikran Najarian oud with a "mystery label" inside. The label was printed in the 1960s and has Dicran's signature on it but at some point someone wrote on the label the years 1917 and 1922 in Arabic, indicating the year of manufacture and the year repaired. It also has a Nahat Ickwan rosette (plastic copy) and makes reference to the Nahat Bros. in Arabic next to the 1922 date. Does anyone have any information about this? Did Dicran even make ouds that early on? The oud is authentic but the label is very confusing.

Is there any simple way to see if there is an older label behind it. Perhaps Dicran got it back in his possession in the 1960s and put the new label in since the old label was missing/deteriorated? Any information you can provide would be very helpful.

[file]35323[/file] [file]35325[/file] [file]35327[/file] [file]35329[/file] [file]35331[/file] [file]35333[/file] [file]35335[/file]
suz_i_dil
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5-14-2015 at 01:22 AM

I wonder if x- rays would make the job. Those technics are far more sensitive than in the past. It would tell you if there is a label under the actual one...but don't imagine reading what s written on it with this kind of technic haha :) ask a radiologist, I don't know in your country but a single picture should not be so expensive

Go To Top