Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Offline String Tension/Diameter/Density Calculator!
Moe5021
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 5-23-2015 at 02:36 AM
Offline String Tension/Diameter/Density Calculator!

Hey everyone,

After looking up some sources for a string tension calculator I found out that there were only a couple of apps available and they're all exclusively online.

So, I decided to code a program to do just that but without having to be tethered to the internet.

Simply choose whether you want to calculate the tension or diameter, first. Then insert the required measurements. Click Calculate and you're done!

There's also a string density calculator in the app.

Instructions for using the string density calculator:

1- You need to have access to the string.
2- Cut whatever length you want of the string (Keep in mind the longer it is, the easier it will be to apply step 3)
3- Weigh the string using a medium to high precision scale
4- Measure the diameter of the string
5- Enter the measurements in the app, click Calculate and you're done!

Let me know if you have any suggestions or features to add and I'll see what I can do.

PS: The program is a Java Applet. So, it will run on both Macs and PC's. However, you need to have the Java Environment installed, which I assume most of you do.

[file]35415[/file]
alchemy
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 2-27-2019 at 07:11 AM

Hi, if I'm not mistaken with another app, I've used this app in the past with great results and wanted to look for it again. Unfortunately, the file seems not available anymore. Can you please re-upload? I can also take a link to a software repository if there's a build in there :)
Thanks.

Go To Top