Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Peter Sayegh Palestinian Oud maker , anyone had experience with his Ouds?
Sam
Oud Junkie

Mood: Selling Ouds

[*] posted on 6-10-2015 at 03:29 PM
Peter Sayegh Palestinian Oud maker , anyone had experience with his Ouds?

Hello Guys , :wavey:

I would like to ask if anyone had any experience with Sayegh's Ouds , I need to know much more about shipping experience and also the Ouds playability. I contacted Peter Sayegh and he showed me some of his sold Ouds . I could tell his work is very wonderful but the problem is with shipping from Israel to the Arabian Gulf .

any advices ?? :(

Thank you!

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Brian Prunka
Oud Junkie

Mood: Stringish

[*] posted on 6-10-2015 at 04:19 PM

I believe Israel may be able to ship to Oman or Qatar . . . a possibility? He is in Ramallah? Maybe an exception to ship through Jordan? I would hope that a Palestinian luthier wouldn't be penalized further.

I hadn't heard of this luthier, his work looks nice. I'd be curious to hear the sound.

YouTube lessons and resources

Follow on Instagram
My oud music on YouTube
www.brianprunka.com

My u2u inbox is over capacity, please contact me through my website
Adel Salameh
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 6-10-2015 at 11:47 PM

Hello,
Peter Sayegh is a great maker, he is in Ramllah, very clean and he has his own sound, uses the best wood, i have one of his ouds ... the only way to ship is from Amman....he has very little ouds as his ouds go very fast...
Best wishes,
Adel
http://www.adelsalameh.com/oudcamp.php
Marcus
Oud Junkie

Mood: Lost in music

[*] posted on 6-11-2015 at 02:21 AM

Hi Adel:wavey:
so, you own one of his ouds......looks like you`re the one to make a soundclip and satisfy our curiousity???:D:applause::bounce:

Cheers,
Marcus

Playing the oud is like feeding my soul with peace
nizarrohana
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 6-11-2015 at 03:35 AM

Hello all,

Peter Sayegh is one of the most talented oud makers in the Arab world today. I played several of his ouds. The craftsmanship, the sound and the playability are all great. I own one of his ouds and should receive another one in the coming few days :-) My oud (in the photos below) is made of Macassar Ebony and Iroko wood. The front is made of Carpathian spruce.

Peter is located in Ramlah near Tel-Aviv (and not Ramallah in the west bank). Shipping to Amman is one possibility. I believe that companies like Aramex or DHL who also run offices in east Jerusalem, would ship to the Arab world.

Cheers
Nizar

[file]35590[/file] [file]35592[/file] [file]35594[/file] [file]35596[/file] [file]35598[/file] [file]35600[/file]
Microber
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 6-11-2015 at 05:56 AM

Very nice ouds !
Message to the owners (Nizar & Adel) : sound clip please :D

And what about the price ?
Robert
Omar Al-Mufti
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 6-13-2015 at 04:26 AM

his ouds are great...with unique sharqi sound. ..check clips of Said Abbasi ...he has more tha one oud made by Peter...I don't like his floating bridge ouds though....
Peter...Mwes Junior and Senior; Abu Alaa belong to the same school more or less... Sharqi ouds...rather heavy in weight, high finishing quality, and resemble a lot of sympathetic resonance as all strings sing when played. ...
Alfaraby
Oud Junkie

Mood: Cool

[*] posted on 6-14-2015 at 02:00 AM

Peter Sayegh: Another talented Palestinian Oud Maker

I have been holding this for a while, as per Peter's request. The young man just didn't want to go public before he's quite sure he can handle this new status/title: a Luthier.
"A great responsibility" he'd say; meaning it's not the decision to start building ouds that makes you a luthier. "It's science one should learn very thoroughly before he can really make this career change. There's a big difference between wanting to build an oud (don't we all do ? ) and knowing how to".

Peter was born in 1978 in Ramlah, (colloquial Ramleh) , a city which is nowadays predominantly Jewish with a significant Arab minority (20%). Most of the town's Arab majority were expelled or left in 1948 bloody war; while others remained in the town. Peter's family was one of the Christian Palestinians families who refused to abandon their hometown, and survived the war.

Till a couple of years ago, Peter was an electrician running his own business, but a severe work accident (OMG, again ? ) put his right hand's function in danger, so he had to quit his job . He turned to his old-time hobby: music and started playing a bit, then decided to build his own oud. The first led to the second and soon a proud collection of his first masterpieces occupied his saloon. Friends, who came over once in a while, told others, so players started dropping in to try his ouds.

Nizar Rohana eventually came along too -or was it Peter who sought Nizar's advice - and a very important turning point in Peter's career occurred, as he stated. Nizar just told him what he'd actually expect from his instrument. Peter put down his new friend's remarks and promptly started implementing what he had grasped from their frequent meetings; sometimes in Isfiya, Nizar's home town, and sometimes in Ramleh.

I was lucky to meet Peter for the first time when he visited me along with Nizar, and soon became one of my many friends, meeting even behind Nizar's back :) . I was stunned by his ouds, as far as finish is involved. The man is simply a finish maniac, who reminded me of other maniacs, but with more passion, variety and vision. He would not time how long a specification would take. He just decides to make what turns-to-be right and does it (very) right.

As a loyal, faithful student of the Turkish Luthiery School, specifically the craftsmanship, his first ouds were more Turkish than Arabic; but he soon realized it's the Arabian oud he was after, and switched to Arabic. Peter's coming dozen of ouds started speaking Arabic, rather than Turkish !

One of Peter's last ouds, which I was honored to examine, was one of the most magnificent newly born ouds I've ever came across in my whole oud life. It had a mellow, warm, loud, velvet-like, bassy, Arabic full rich sound, and just looked like .. well, like Miss World, if you get me covered. Zero mistakes, no excuses, top quality (exotic) woods and accessories, ideal action and playability. In short: one of the kings of the ouds.

To make the long story short, the man has just started and he's already excelling, but he might not persist, since some hesitations in his conduct are often expressed: I may try something else .. maybe bakery.. fast food .. abattoir .. hell.. what for ? .. I shall soon recover and get back to electricity. etc. :( !
I guess this is a typical respond for what was said several times in the past: oud making is a sure recipe for poverty, at least on this side of the Globe. Peter's ouds are not cheap and his prices are relatively high. Every single oud of his is solely made by his almost-bare-hands with no employees, nor apprentices whatsoever. In full capacity he might be capable to make 3 ouds in 2 months, so make your own calculations.

Attached herewith some assorted shots of some ouds of PETER SAYEGH, a very promising young new luthier. Welcome aboard, friend.

Yours indeed
Alfaraby

[file]35614[/file] [file]35616[/file] [file]35618[/file] [file]35620[/file] [file]35626[/file] [file]35628[/file] [file]35630[/file] [file]35632[/file]

[file]35634[/file] [file]35636[/file]

alfarabymusic@gmail.com
Alan-TX
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 6-18-2015 at 08:05 AM

How does one order an oud from Peter?
nizarrohana
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 6-18-2015 at 10:40 AM

Hi Alan,

Peter's contact info:

Email: oud.sayegh@gmail.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/peter.sayegh.71?fref=ts
Mobile: +972543955444

Nizar
nizarrohana
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 6-19-2015 at 05:24 AM

Here is a video of my new oud.. It is one week old :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eTGedNkS6o

Cheers
Nizar
Luttgutt
Oud Junkie

Mood: Curious

[*] posted on 6-20-2015 at 05:25 PM

Very Nice sound!

Congratulations on Your New oud!!

The wood might be dead, but the oud is alive.

Go To Top