Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Question About Buying A Sukar Oud
IRAQIOUD
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 6-29-2015 at 07:10 PM
Question About Buying A Sukar Oud

Hi I have a friend selling me a Ibrahim Sukar Oud. He said he bought it for $550. I looks Plain What should i look for ? Is there anything this maker Lacks?, how are his Ouds? Thanks for the help.:wavey:
Brian Prunka
Oud Junkie

Mood: Stringish

[*] posted on 6-30-2015 at 07:34 AM

Sukar ouds are generally good—good sounds, good playability. They are factory-produced, though, and lack the same attention to detail one can expect from a master-built instrument. The tuning pegs are often decent but not perfectly installed, the nut is often a cheap piece of wood rather than a nice bone.
I just got a used Sukar and it is great but needed about $600 worth of repairs/upgrades due to loose braces, cheap nut, cracked pegbox and misaligned neck. That's an extreme case, but it's best to have an experienced player/luthier check it out before you but so you know what you are getting into. $550 is a good price if it is sound and doesn't need a lot of work. I got mine cheap because of all the work it needed and now I have a really nice instrument.

YouTube lessons and resources

Follow on Instagram
My oud music on YouTube
www.brianprunka.com

My u2u inbox is over capacity, please contact me through my website
IRAQIOUD
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 6-30-2015 at 01:22 PM

Thank You Brian, All I have is a Mohammad Fadhel Hussien Oud, which i dont wanna take with me everywhere i go, u know. Its too precious for small parties which i play but sometimes i have no choice. This Sukar Oud Seems Brand New and Im from detroit michigan, many people have ouds here but many dont know how to play! Thank You Again !

Go To Top