Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: I Need Help, What to look for in a Fadhel Floating Bridge Oud Si7ib
IRAQIOUD
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 7-12-2015 at 09:14 PM
I Need Help, What to look for in a Fadhel Floating Bridge Oud Si7ib

So i have some money , there is a fadhel oud for sale, i do not and cannot get the pics of the oud, but its new and looks professional and its an authentic fadhel made in 1999. The price is $2,000 comes with a nice hard case. For the Pros , I never Owned a Floating Bridge Only fixed oud bridges, What Am I Gaining In buying this Oud, I appreciate the Feed Back From Our Friend Brian Prunka On a Sukar Oud, Which i did not end up buying. I Like this Oud But Just need a word of advice for the oud players who know about the floating bridges, and this is a fadhel iraqi oud here, i have a fixed fadhel oud but not the floating and i dont know what to see because when i saw the oud the face of the oud looked empty and the stick that goes on the face of the oud was placed somewhere safe, Thanks For Your Feedback, Will I Enjoy Floating Bridge more? Thank You and Shukran Jazeelan Ramadhan Kareem
suz_i_dil
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 7-14-2015 at 03:42 AM

" I cannot get the pics of the oud "
Did you tried it ? Or at least hear it ? How can you assume the details you give about authenticity ? Ask for a video or better try it. You can put the hand on an authentic oud that would be totally unplayable or also can find a good surprise from an unknown maker
or maybe you were just meaning you cannot upload the pics on the forum...in this case you need to reduce the size of the pics

" its new [...] made in 1999 " Mmmmh... I guess you mean in state as new. Take care it maybe cosmetic only. Check if there is any crack in the soundboard and how turned the string action after 16 years. Did the string action raised ? Or the soundboard sanked under the bridge ? On floating bridge the soundboard can sunk under the soundboard a lot.

" the stick that goes on the face of the oud was placed somewhere safe "... i put in in my top ten of the best pretexts easterns can tell. They can turn very good and creative at this game :) In a safer place ... come on ! I put the door of my house in the attic. Too much afraid the light of the sun damaged it !

2000 dollars for an oud you didn't play, hear, even get pictures even if new from 1999 ... I would keep away until getting more precise information about, its state and sound in particular

IRAQIOUD
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 7-14-2015 at 11:12 AM

Hi, I did not try the oud, but i will, and its 100% authentic of mohammad fadhel floating bridge. I do not have the pics, and its in a store actually, it comes with a hard case and that piece that was kept in a safe place (the part or piece of wood that holds the strings on a oud instead of a fixed oud,) was inside of the oud, sorry for the wrong explanation. what i tried to say is that when i saw this oud the strings were undone and that piece of wood is available. and when i go there next time im not buying it if i dont like its sound, so yea this oud wont have any pics or vids before the purchase, making sure its good and all but im relying on my 10 years of experience in buying this oud, but i wanted some kind of advice in what a floating oud bridge should sound like. i have an authentic fadhel oud made in 1997. and yes you are right, its an oud from 1997 that still LOOKS NEW. and the price is $2,000 u.s. currency. so its a bummer not having the pics to help you guys determine authenticiy and sound but i like the oud.and i have seen the real certificate of mohamad fadhel on this oud !!! and Thanks For your reply.
suz_i_dil
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 7-14-2015 at 12:27 PM

Ah ok, so you meant the bridge.
in terms of structure check the soundboard. All the fadhel I have seen had very flexible soundboard so I think in its floating bridge version it may sink under the bridge.
Check for cracks, string action. Soundboard sinking. The precision of the sound all along the fingerboard: is there some buzzing areas ?
Keep in mind those kind of ouds should support rather high tension of strings. The combination that will bring you this particular sound of floating bridge.
in terms of sound...listen a lot before going to try it and keep the sound you are looking for in mind. The name don't make the oud and sometimes quality of making can turn very unregular. You may put the hand on a gem..or not ! Take your time, focus on how you feel on it. don't let the seller speed you: I only seen a couple of very special occasions that sold in a couple of days. Oud sale tend to be more long nowadays.
Good luck !

IRAQIOUD
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 7-14-2015 at 02:38 PM

Hopefully I could get a sound sample on here or some pictures if i end up buying the oud, and thanks.

Go To Top