Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: new oud-buiding website
Astrid
Oud Admirer

Mood: No Mood.

[*] posted on 1-23-2003 at 02:58 PM
new oud-buiding website

Hi to all hobby-oudmakers and people, who want to see, how an oud can be built!
The domain is "oudinfo.de"
It contains many links and a detailled online-documentation about oudmaking. I am a hobby-oudmaker, not yet very experienced, but I want to encourage all oud-friends to make their own ouds. I show the building of my third selfmade oud. It differs in many parts from the method, which is described in Richard Hankey´s book. The site is still only in German, but the pictures will be understood by anyone, I hope.
For all, who cannot read German, look directly here:
" http://oudinfo.de/Uberblick/Oudbauen_als_Hobby/Dokumentation/Bau/Di... "

The site is updated each 2-3 weeks, according to the progress in building.

So yalla, let´s make ouds!!!!!
Mike
Super Administrator

Mood: Happy

thumbup.gif posted on 1-23-2003 at 07:15 PM

Congratulations Astrid. You're right, even though I don't read German, the images do the talking. Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to following your project through till the end!

Dr. Oud
Oud Junkie

Mood: better than before

[*] posted on 1-26-2003 at 09:58 AM
Oudinfo.com

Thank you Astrid, for your website and your passion for the oud. I love your innovative use of household utensils used in the bending of the ribs. The ouds you have made show a lot of exquisite detail and are very impressive. I appreciate your links and references and wish you success in your future projects. I am very pleased to learn of the interest in the oud in Germany through your links.
Jameel
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

thumbup.gif posted on 1-27-2003 at 01:15 PM

Astrid,

Congratulations on your new site. I look forward to seeing your techniques and the outcome of your next oud. Thanks to Google's translation tool I was able to get the jist of most of what you write, although some words are translated quite humorously! Keep up your valuable work! And thanks for your mention of my site. :applause:

Astrid
Oud Admirer

Mood: No Mood.

[*] posted on 1-27-2003 at 03:48 PM
Thanks for checking my website!

Thank you, Richard, for your kind words about my website. You helped me very, very much with your patient and very informative answers on my questions. Most oudmakers stopped informations, as soon as they noticed, that this novice has her own oppinion and does not exactly follow the one-and-only way they suggest, but you are an exception! By the way, a flat iron works really very uncomplicated and quick for the rough bending....and another positive effect is, that I can l e t iron my clothes now by someone else, because this iron is devoted to higher destination....
And thanks to Jameel, your superb website encouraged me to follow your example, alltough my site will never look as professional as yours. I hope you will build still many ouds and report about it!

Go To Top