Printable Version  
Author: Subject: recording on new shehata
revaldo29
Oud Junkie

Mood: inspired

[*] posted on 1-29-2005 at 05:40 PM
recording on new shehata

Hey all,

Its been a while since I posted a recording so I thought that making one is a good idea. This a recording I made earlier today. As always, i'm trying out new and different things. There are several modulations in this taqassim and hopefully, I achieved most of them successfully. Feed back would be highly appreciated. There is endless room for improvement :D
Monawar Al-Jabar
Oud Junkie

Mood: playing Oud

[*] posted on 1-30-2005 at 06:00 AM

Very Good my friend :applause: what is the Oud made from ,i mean wood typa and also what strings are you useing .

:airguitar:
revaldo29
Oud Junkie

Mood: inspired

[*] posted on 1-31-2005 at 07:24 PM

Hey monawar,

This oud has a rosewood bowl and spruce top and it was made by maurice shehata. The strings are aquila strings.

Its amazing how much you can improve just by making a recording and listening to yourself. You can notice things that you don't notice while playing. For example, I noticed how some of my notes in the section with the chords are off. Haha, they actually sound kind of bad now that I listened to it a few times. Also, my tremelos are rough. If anybody notices something out there, please let me know.
SamirCanada

[*] posted on 1-31-2005 at 07:53 PM
Good job bud

nice playing Revaldo you keep improving
keep on posting. Your new oud sounds great. Your probably not used to it yet but Iam shure your working hard at that hehehe ( its ok to put it down from time to time bro, to do other things like eat and drink lol) but Iam its like your new baby. Once the strings settle in man.. this one is going to sounds really nice.

Go To Top