Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: DILEMMA!?!
SAGR QURAISH
Oud Junkie

Mood: SPONTANIOUS

[*] posted on 1-29-2005 at 08:19 PM
DILEMMA!?!

hey all how ru guyz doin? hope every 1 is good. my dilemma is that i have $1300 .should i buy one iraqi oud for that amount from yaroub mohammed fadel or should i buy 2 for $ 650 a pop from maurice?!? your answer will determine 2 things for me.....one will be quality for me and second will determine my choice :D...my regards to all.thank you
revaldo29
Oud Junkie

Mood: inspired

[*] posted on 1-29-2005 at 08:37 PM

:( what a tragedy!! It must be devestating to not know which oud to spend $1300 on. Haha, just kidding bud. I can't speak for yaroub, but shehatas are a gurantee (as I'm sure yaroub's are too). I had to make the same decision a month ago but decided that spending 1500 on a iraqi oud would be kind of dumb on my part because I've never even played a bashir style oud. So I got a shehata and I'm very happy with it.
Elie Riachi
Oud Junkie

Mood: Gebran Tueni Lives For Ever, 12-12-05.

[*] posted on 1-29-2005 at 09:52 PM

Get one of each and a Ghadban model if you can afford it. One can never have enough ouds.
Zulkarnain
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 1-29-2005 at 11:01 PM

Hi

Yaroub dont sell anything less than $2000 (I have purchaced some of his Ouds for myself and my students) so your best bet will be Shehata Oud (unless you want to try other Oud builder)

Salam
Faladel
Oud Junkie

Mood: ya salam

[*] posted on 1-30-2005 at 02:32 AM

Hi :
Nazih Ghadban is the best choice.
regards :)

Oud Player
Zulkarnain
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-30-2005 at 04:47 AM

I think we just add a different dilemma to our friend here :D He was only mentioned bout Yaroub and Shehata but now Ghadban is in the picture - poor guy! :)
Delucia
Oud Lover

Mood: Foug il Nakhal

[*] posted on 1-30-2005 at 07:54 AM
you can only play one at a time

buying 2 is redundant. buy the best you can get.
SAGR QURAISH
Oud Junkie

Mood: SPONTANIOUS

[*] posted on 1-30-2005 at 12:16 PM

THANK YOU ALL...i have already contacted yaroub with details of the oud and he gave me a gr8 price...fa i think i will get an iraqi.. because every time i watch munir bashir's rast video i cant get over the way the oud sounds. besides that id b very intrested in the nazih ghadban...where can i check the prices and info for his oudds?.thank u all
samzayed
Oud Junkie

Mood: Mashee el hal

[*] posted on 1-30-2005 at 01:19 PM

You should check out his web site for his current production http://www.oudnazihghadban.com/users/current.asp

Then contact Mr. Ghadban for the one you are interested in info@oudnazihghadban.com
Ronny Andersson
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-30-2005 at 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SAGR QURAISH
THANK YOU ALL...i have already contacted yaroub with details of the oud and he gave me a gr8 price...fa i think i will get an iraqi.. because every time i watch munir bashir's rast video i cant get over the way the oud sounds. besides that id b very intrested in the nazih ghadban...where can i check the prices and info for his oudds?.thank u all

You have certainly a dilemma since non of the makers you mentioned Bashir models
come close to Mohammad Fadel's Bashir model in sound.

Best wishes

Ronny
san3any
Oud Maniac

Mood: Prove that 0=1

[*] posted on 2-2-2005 at 08:20 AM

Hey Saqar,

I hope you are doing great... long time no see.......by the way, I advice you to buy the Shehata oud.... even though my advice was late... but i guess its more reasonable, and his ouds really sounds great.... you can even ask him to make an oud for you that sounds like Munir Basheer oud... i am sure he will make a good one that is almost the same as Munir's by Yaroub....
walkad
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 2-2-2005 at 10:14 AM

Quote:

you can even ask him to make an oud for you that sounds like Munir Basheer oud... i am sure he will make a good one that is almost the same as Munir's by Yaroub....

The best thing is buying a nahat copy for 600 L.E (100$) at Mohammed Ali street in Cairo. Their copies sounds almost as good as original Nahats and you save 1200$.
Don't you agree San3any?
Mike
Super Administrator

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 2-2-2005 at 11:23 AM

I must say I have to agree here. For example, I wouldn't ask Maurice to make me a Turkish oud. I would want to get it from a reputable oudmaker who specializes in Turkish ouds. I would also want an Iraqi style oud from somebody who specializes in that type of oud, and so on. Does that mean only Egyptians can make "Egyptian" ouds, or only an Iraqi can make an "Iraqi" oud? Not necessarily, but I would much prefer to go with something somebody is familiar with than ask them to do something that they are not.

Take care,
Mike

Go To Top