Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Oud Arching
SufianSaeed
Oud Maniac

Mood: Feeling like A Resha

[*] posted on 10-26-2015 at 04:56 AM
Oud Arching

Hello everyone ,

last few months i travelled for a month or so to turkey and left my Oud back home , i think it was somehow hot and it caused the Oud to arch from the top , meaning the action is much higher that it was when i first got it a year ago , i have two questions , there's no oud luthiers in Libya so i wondering for the time being until i manage to get my Oud fixed somewhere else would it be possible if i string the strings directly into the bridge hole and creating the string nut from the other side without doing a circular tie around the bridge, would that lower my string action a bit or would it just create buzzing ? and my second question is does anyone here know off any good luthiers in Tunisia or any good Oud makers that i can get in touch with ? Tunis is an 8 hours drive away i wouldn't mind hitting the road for that .

playing with this high action lately has been exhausting for technique training , specially when i try to play at the lower neck parts :(
franck leriche
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 10-26-2015 at 12:21 PM

You can get in touch wich Ridha Jendoubi.
https://www.facebook.com/lutherie.ridhajendoubi?fref=ts

Or Abdelhamid Hadded
https://www.facebook.com/abdelhamid.hadded
SufianSaeed
Oud Maniac

Mood: Feeling like A Resha

[*] posted on 10-26-2015 at 02:53 PM

thank you very much , i think am going to hit the road next week, i've seen the videos they're posting , specially Ridha Jendoubi , really nice ouds .

Go To Top