Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Looking for more info on Yücel oud
Schralpski
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 11-11-2015 at 08:34 PM
Looking for more info on Yücel oud

Hi all,

I'm a new member to the forum (this is my first post) and have appreciated all the information and advice I've received as a spectator so far.

I have an opportunity to buy my first oud from a Turkish acquaintance, it is a Yücel oud that I believe was made in the 90's or early 00's. It's a beautiful instrument, well constructed and is in overall good condition with a few blemishes (it has a few scratches on the sound board and some a few buzzing notes on the C# string).

When I asked my friend how much he would sell it to me for, he said "make me an offer."

Before I make him an offer, I wanted to post a few questions to the boards:

Can anyone tell me more about Yücel ouds in general? I gather it is a high quality shop from Izmir but I don't know much more about it.

Any thoughts on the value/ fair asking price for this oud?

Would the buzzing notes on the C# be an indication of a potential major problem with the oud? The neck seems straight and I can't detect exactly where the buzz is coming from.

A general question - do ouds typically devalue over time or do they continue to grow in character and value if maintained well?

Thanks very much for any thoughts on this oud, I am attaching a few pictures below.

Go To Top