Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Oud Display Wall Hangers?
majnuunNavid
Oud Junkie

Mood: Dude, where's my Oud?

[*] posted on 5-29-2016 at 08:56 PM

I am using twine to hang my Ouds from nails in the wall. As for the pegs, I think the twine adds good support around the pegs and when I hang them I make sure the twine is flush with the pegbox so that the pressure of the twine is supported by the strongest part of the peg.

antekboodzik
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 6-6-2016 at 02:31 PM

I doubt if hanging oud\lute like instruments for pegs is a good option. It would damage some pegs for sure.
I am planning to hang my two lutes (and a bowlback mandolin) on the wall, just to have it handy, and also for nice display. I was trying to figure how to reproduce the Casteliono engraving way of hanging lutes, and I am pretty convinced, it must involve the use of some strap/twine, or wooden support, to actually hold the lute for its pegbox from the back between the posts, and not for pegs. But as I want to keep it pretty high up the wall (above a 3/4 tall dresser), having extra parts to hold the instrumet won't be practical. The one way of constructing a wall hanger I found is this litle "hook", made from a piece of softwood, and two pieces of beech wood dowels. Still not fully tested device - I am going to check, if it is not prone to deflection, and how much load it can withstand. If it apear to be strong enough, I plan to make final ones with slightly thicker, not "riffled" main dowels.
Any suggestions or other ideas, please?

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top