Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  4
Author: Subject: New book: Taqasim by Ali Kisserwan
mandaloun2015
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-8-2016 at 01:05 AM
New book: Taqasim by Ali Kisserwan

Hi all;
Courtesy of the author and after his permission, we are going to define the new published title: Taqasim by Ali Kisserwan (2016). The book has 312 p (big size). It includes 56 taqasim written as musical notes for the most famous Arabic musicians and composers: Mohammad al-Qasabji, Riad al-Sunbati, George Michael, Farid al-Atrash, Mohammad abdel Wahab, Mohammad Abdu Saleh, Omar al-Naqshabandi, Saliba al-Qatrib, Bahij Mikati and other. The taqasim are on maqams: Rast and Mahur, Nahawand, HijazKar Kurd and Kurd and Lami, Hijazkar, Bayati, Saba, Hijaz and Zanjaran, Huzam, Jiharkah and Ajam.
The book extends over an explanation of the used maqams with an appendix of the popular scales of maqams and its transpositions. The book contains:
12 taqasim for Mohammad al-Qasabji
10 taqasim for Riad al-Sunbati
6 taqasim for George Michael
3 taqasim for Farid al-Atrash
3 taqasim for Mohammad abdel Wahab
2 taqasim for Mohammad Abdu Saleh
3 taqasim for Omar al-Naqshabandi
7 taqasim for Bahij Mikatia
5 taqasim for Saeed Salam
3 taqasim for Saliba al-Qatrib
1 taqsim for Azzuri Haroun
1 taqsim for Ibrahim Hubaiqa
A CD is attached with the book, it contains all the taqasim taken from the written note in mp3 format. This will help the reader to play the taqasim in all its rhythmic and tonal details and emblishments. The book is bilingual (Arabic and English languages)..
In coordination with the author, we will upload later the introduction, the contents and some taqasim as examples.

The link of the records in the taqasim book

http://www.mikeouds.com/messageboard/viewthread.php?tid=16647

My apologies for any typo found.
Best Regards
majnuunNavid
Oud Junkie

Mood: Dude, where's my Oud?

[*] posted on 1-8-2016 at 08:08 PM

I would purchase this in a heartbeat. Looking forward to hearing more about it. Where can this be found?

mandaloun2015
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-9-2016 at 10:45 AM

Hi all
you will find below an excerpts from the Introduction of the book: Taqasim by Ali Kisserwan:

"What lead me to write this book, is the need to methodize this music template, which is taqasim, and although it is improvisation, but it can be gained by teaching the written taqasim as a musical piece like al-Bashraf, al-sama’i, al-longa, al-muwashshah, al-dawr…etc.
When the Teacher and the student meet, the book must be the third guest in order for a method to have a clear start and a clear end, Some says that the taqasim can’t be taught since it is improvisation and depend on the skill and the musical knowledge, this is true and this is what we have said, but it can be taught if it is written as a musical piece. Thus, the student will know how these masters innovated their Taqasim, where they, themselves, learned from their predecessors till they had their own methods, and later they become a source to learn from.
The real development comes from the accumulation of experiences. The present takes from the past, examines, fulfills, intiates, transmits, and expands its hands for the future, then a chain of accumulated experiences will be formed so poor – skilled and non systematic people leave no negative influence on this accumlation .
Once the student learned the taqasim and once he memorized them, it means he has enough knowledge of how to formulate the taqasim. So, he begins to imitate, adjust, and finally, to develop and produce personal traits and styles.
Dear reader, this taqasim – as you will see – has many purposes, such as: teaching the musical language since it includes rhythmical forms that fit both the middle and the advanced stages, as well it includes fast sentences and different ornaments that need a high playing skills, then we got the teaching patterns from the Arabic music source, and from a material that succeeded over years without being trying cases that may either succeed or loose, this what it should be about.
We have to methodize what had been composed by the Masters, and what had been successful throughout the times to be considered the solid basis. Arabic music is still at the beginning and many different material and subject need to be be methodized.
Taqasim mentioned in this book belong to the musicians who go with this kind of composition*. Those taqasim are considered as a serious material for any music student in both stages, middle and advanced, Although it belong to Oud musicians, except for two taqasim which belong to Mohamed Abdu Saleh, Qanun musician, but any musician for any instrument can benefit from it with some few exceptions that relate to Oud.
We always ask: where are those whose names were related with Oud and Arabic music as playing and not singing? Where are they from the methods of music instruments especially in the advanced years such as: Mohamed el-Qasabji or Farid al-Atrash or Riad al-Sunbati or Omar al-Naqshabandi or Bahij Mikati and others, and what is written for them or for others is classified in the middle stage and below. Dear reader, you will see that the taqasim listed for those masters are suitable to be taught in the advanced stages, because it needs a skill and an ability to read the note, as well it needs a high performance of the different ornaments and fast sentences.
Through methodizing of the Taqasim, we strengthen our Arabic music, and we give the masters and the students their rights, because till now, we are not seeing those masters in their right place in the methods of the musical instruments".

[* We had not mentioned the Iraqi style in Taqasim in this book.. but later, We will talk about this subject in another book].

Dear majnuunNavid
Thank you for your care.. you can find the book on
Nwf.com: التقاسيم Taqasim: علي كسروان: كتب
the link of the book is:

http://www.neelwafurat.com/itempageMobile.aspx?id=lbb253782-236116&...

best regards
Brian Prunka
Oud Junkie

Mood: Stringish

[*] posted on 1-9-2016 at 04:22 PM

I would be interested in carrying this item in my store, is there a way for me to purchase multiple copies directly?

The shipping charges from Lebanon are more than the book, I could ship it inexpensively in North America and much of the world (I get good rates via Aramex) this would sell more copies.

YouTube lessons and resources

Follow on Instagram
My oud music on YouTube
www.brianprunka.com

My u2u inbox is over capacity, please contact me through my website
mandaloun2015
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-10-2016 at 04:31 AM

Thank for your interest in the book. We have forwarded the issue to the publisher, so please give your contacts to easily get in touch with you by the publisher.
mandaloun2015
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-11-2016 at 09:23 AM

hi all
I am trying to upload the cover of the book: Taqasim by Ali Kissewrwan, but it failed

any one knows how to upload it

appreciate
Brian Prunka
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-11-2016 at 10:13 AM

The upload limits here are pretty small, 500kb. If you can't get the cover small enough by optimizing the file size, your best bet is to host the image somewhere else and link to it here via the [img][/img] tags.
mandaloun2015
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-11-2016 at 10:40 AM

Thank you for your help
The cover size is already less than 500kb jpeg format
Actually I chose the image to attach but i was unable to find the upload button
Brian Prunka
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-12-2016 at 09:17 PM

You can't do it from the "quick reply" at the bottom of the page, you have to press "post reply", and do it that way.

YouTube lessons and resources

Follow on Instagram
My oud music on YouTube
www.brianprunka.com

My u2u inbox is over capacity, please contact me through my website
el-esseily
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 1-16-2016 at 07:40 AM

Wow this sounds amazing! I've been looking for something like this for a long time! The closest I've found is Karim Roustom's wonderful MA thesis transcribing Sunbati's taqasim, but there's nothing out there that has the range of this new collection, this is definitely a first. I'm slowly building up my mental 'vocabulary' of taqasim structures and phrases, this should be invaluable.

I've placed my order with Neel wa Furat, looking forward to it!
Almelaifi
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 1-16-2016 at 09:26 PM

I tried to order one, but could not find out how much time it would take to deliver it?
PaulS
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-17-2016 at 02:10 AM
It arrived

ITs a gorgeous looking BIG book!
PaulS
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-17-2016 at 09:29 AM

The only problem was that I did not receive a cd...
mandaloun2015
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-17-2016 at 09:58 AM

Dear Paul
First many thanks for your kind compliment
And about the missing CD, Many apologies for this mistake..
I will check with the publisher and know what happened
For you, please send me your email address and I, personally, will send you the files included in the CD

Sorry again

Best

mandaloun2015
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-17-2016 at 10:05 AM

Dear almelaifi
Please contact the publisher at info@almaaref.com, hope they can help you about the time needed to deliver the book

Best
mandaloun2015
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-17-2016 at 10:07 AM

Dear el-esseily
This is of your kindness.. hope you will get your copy very soon

Best
Oud Freak
Oud Junkie

Mood: Oud Jerk :)

[*] posted on 1-17-2016 at 11:49 PM

Hello all,

Where can this book be found in Lebanon? Where can it be purchased from?

O.F

mandaloun2015
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-18-2016 at 12:43 AM

Dear Oud Freak

Thanks for your interest
the book is available at the Publisher Office
al-Maaref Forum, Ras Beirut-al Manara, Nagib Ardati street, Tabbara Building-4th floor

tel.: 01/749140

best
mandaloun2015
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-20-2016 at 09:48 AM

Hi all
It is for my pleasure to inform you that:
Taqasim book by Ali Kisserwan will be available in Cairo book fair , 47 (2016), which will be held between January 27-February 10- Ard al Ma'arid, Nasr city

Best
suz_i_dil
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 1-22-2016 at 03:37 AM

Hello
the content of this book sounds great !
Are the takasim commented ? I mean a bit comment for each on the taqasim development, the modulation used ?
Regards

mandaloun2015
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 2-1-2016 at 10:11 AM

Hi all, hope you are all fine

Taqasim Rast for George Michael is an example from: Taqasim book by Ali Kisserwan
you will find attached here the Music Sheet and mp3 file extracted from the sheet (the mp3 file lost some of its quality because it had been compressed), as well you will find the origin source of the taqasim attached here too.

Best Regards

[file]38057[/file] [file]38059[/file]

[file]38061[/file]

[file]38062[/file]

Dear suz_i_dil

It is a practical and not analytical book, though, there is analysis only for the Maqams from the book of the conference conducted in Cairo in 1932 till our recent times. Also, an appendix for the Maqams and how they are represented in certain scales and their transpositions.

thank you for your interest.
IlPersiano
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 2-6-2016 at 12:34 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mandaloun2015  
Hi all
Taqasim book by Ali Kisserwan will be available in Cairo book fair , 47 (2016), which will be held between January 27-February 10- Ard al Ma'arid, Nasr city

Best

This sounds indeed a very needed and interesting book. Im currently in Cairo, could you kinldy give me the address of the book fair? thank you!
IlPersiano
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 2-6-2016 at 12:39 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mandaloun2015  
Hi all

Best

I found this on fb... is this the fair you are talking about?
https://www.facebook.com/events/1284597381555854/

Though it is not in Nasr City...
IlPersiano
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 2-6-2016 at 01:15 AM

Foound that actually...
Here, in Nasr City as you wrote :)

https://www.facebook.com/events/1525045817795565/
mandaloun2015
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 2-6-2016 at 04:26 AM

Dear ilPersiano