Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Türünz Arabic Oud Strings
PaulS
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-28-2016 at 07:51 PM

The set I have is 401104. I asked for a 58.5 Oud and was told these were the right ones, medium tension, but I don't know how to calculate tension. I would be happy to know more. Just by my ear test these have been the best yet
DavidJE
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-28-2016 at 11:07 PM

Well, from what I have seen listed on sites that sell the Kürschner strings, the Arabic sets are made for ouds with a 60-62cm scale length, as that's how the vast majority of Arabic ouds are made. I *think* it's only the Turkish made Arabic ouds (some would say these are primarily Turkish ouds anyway) that have the 58.5cm scale length. Although, maybe some Arab makers are making 58.5cm too now.

If you like what you have a lot now though, then there's really no reason to switch. :)
norumba
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5-17-2019 at 10:14 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DavidJE  
I chatted with Zeynel Demirtas from Faruk's shop just now on Facebook. He said they (including he and Yurdal Tokcan) use and recommend the following for the Arabic tuned ouds with c, g, d, A, F, C tuning:

PVF 0,59/ PVF 0,68/ 1012/ 1018/ 1025/ 1240

He also told me that 1025 and 1240 are fine on their ouds even when using G and D. Seems high, but he said he often changes his tuning and it is not a problem.

This is s good to know, thanks.... What would be the right tension /size for a high ff pair for this set, does anyone know?

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top