Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Mohammad Fadel sons: Yarob and Faik ouds
IlPersiano
Oud Maniac

info.gif posted on 3-18-2016 at 05:38 AM
Mohammad Fadel sons: Yarob and Faik ouds

Hello folks!
I was wondering if any body has experienced Faik Fadel ouds our bought one from him (shipping I guess)?
I have played Yarob Fadel ouds and I must say they are superbe instruments! The playability (in action and fingerboard/neck) is just smooth and feels just amazing to play.
Though as I never experience Faik ouds, Im curious to know if they would be as nice and great quality as the Yarob ones.
Is there anybody who perhaps has tried both? or at least Faik ones?

Thank you! :bowdown:
majnuunNavid
Oud Junkie

Mood: Dude, where's my Oud?

[*] posted on 3-18-2016 at 08:27 PM

I have a Faik Fadel Oud. It is a floating bridge one. String length is 58.5 cm, and it's meant for high ff tuning. Right now I've got in with a low C string, so C to c.

The sound is really warm. Not as bright as I thought it would be. Not a powerful sound, but warm. I would describe it as a little nasal. The high end really sticks out (as it should). I bought it 2nd hand on eBay, and it has some problems, but I don't know what it's been through. It looks like it's been through hell and it was built in 2011. It's separating between the bowl and the soundboard at the bottom side which sits on your leg.

The action is higher than it should be, but it's still playable. In general, it sounds good, and it's comfortable to play. But it doesn't look 5 years old, it's looks like it's 20 years old. I don't know why some people don't take care of their instruments. The pegs are in good condition and I have no problems with it. It could use a little repair and possibly a neck reset.

It's beautiful from far away. But when you at it up close, it's a little rough in some parts, I don't know if that is the fault of the builder or the previous owner. I must say, the bowl is absolute perfection with a nice finish, and very nice spacers fitted perfectly.

You can see it and hear it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt-cnu0nq_I

IlPersiano
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 3-19-2016 at 07:12 AM

Quote: Originally posted by majnuunNavid  
I have a Faik Fadel
The sound is really warm. Not as bright as I thought it would be. Not a powerful sound, but warm. I would describe it as a little nasal. The high end really sticks out (as it should). I bought it 2nd hand on eBay, and it has some problems, but I don't know what it's been through. It looks like it's been through hell and it was built in 2011. It's separating between the bowl and the soundboard at the bottom side which sits on your leg.

Ahahahah Thank you Navid!
Your comment and description is very clear! thank you for sharing your experience.
The Yarob oud I tried is a 7 courses, floating bridge, 58cm string lenght. Beautiful, extremely smooth to play, warm and love very much how the neck feels on the hand while playing. It makes very easy to play.
I have to say also, despite many people thinking that the floating bridge sounds more like a guitar, I stringly desagree with that.
This can happen only on a superfcial try out. I realized that floating bridge ouds are much more dynamic. they can get louder or very very soft and responsive to the reesha. Like strings instruments basically.

And in Yarob oud I also love his face design. That s very unique I must say.

Go To Top