Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Upcoming Album: Nizar Rohana Trio- Furāt (Euphrates)
nizarrohana
Oud Maniac

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3-27-2016 at 02:31 AM
Upcoming Album: Nizar Rohana Trio- Furāt (Euphrates)

Dear friends,

I am very happy to share with you the news about my next album. Nizar Rohana Trio's Furāt (Euphrates) will be released worldwide on Friday 15 April. It contains my compositions performed by me on oud with Matyas Szandai on double bass and Wassim Halal on percussion.

LISTEN TO THE LEAD TRACK "JURJINA BAYATI" HERE

The album’s seven pieces continue along my journey in exploring new possibilities for the Oud instrument, where its idiomatic character is advanced through new compositions, fresh structures, melodies and expressions.

The civilizations and peoples that have lived along the river's course provide the themes for the song titles, from the Syrian city of Mayādīn to the ancient ruins of Al-Dālya, between the willow trees along its banks and through the Jūrjīnā rhythm cherished in Iraq.

All tracks in the album were composed and arranged by me, except for “Samā‘ī Muḥayyar” composed by Tanburi Cemil Bey. Bishara Khell provided invaluable artistic supervision throughout the development of the work, which was recorded in August 2015 at Music Unit Studios in Paris. The album was recorded and mixed by Cyril Harrison, and mastered by Harris Newman (Grey Market Mastering).

Furāt (Euphrates) will be released worldwide on Friday 15 April via Loplop Records, on CD, online streaming and digital download. The production was made possible with the support of the Arab Fund for Arts and Culture (AFAC).

I will be releasing another track from this album soon. In the meantime, I hope you will enjoy "Jurjina Bayati

Sincerely,
Nizar

[file]38575[/file] [file]38577[/file]

[file]38579[/file]

Go To Top