Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Türünz Arabic Custom Single
DavidJE
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 3-30-2016 at 12:15 AM
Türünz Arabic Custom Single

I'm 90% sure I'd like to sell my Faruk Türünz Arabic custom single oud. I bought it directly from Faruk in Istanbul less than two years ago. The oud is awesome. I never play it without a long sleeved shirt, always wash my hands before playing it, and keep it stored only in the hard case, so it is exactly as it was when I bought it from him...not a scratch or mark on it. I've seen lots of ouds by many different makers, but I've never seen one quite as nice as this one, thus the bit of doubt I have in selling it. However, I also have a Türünz reduced price Turkish oud, and I slightly prefer the Turkish sound over the Arabic sound, so my plan is to sell the Arabic oud in order to buy a custom single Turkish from Faruk.

The bowl is alternating santos and curly maple, with a matte polished spruce soundboard, double wooden rosettes, and a custom pick guard. I bought it from him for $3800 with the case ($200), and I'd be willing to sell it for $3000 with the case or $2800 without. I love this oud, and I don't *need* to sell it, so I don't think I would sell it for less than that.

I'm still a beginner and my playing isn't all that good...but here are two videos/recordings of myself playing the oud, neither of which really captures how good it sounds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjpXgbxQHTk (recorded with a Yeti Pro)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JZWy6orfD4 (recorded with the camcorder internal microphone)

Here are a few pictures:

If you'd like to buy it I will only be able to ship it for the next month, as I'm going on vacation for a month leaving on April 26th. Then I won't be back and able to ship it until May 28th. If you're interested please reply to this thread or send me an email (contact at daviderath dot com) instead of using the message thing on this forum. Thanks!
Omar Al-Mufti
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 3-30-2016 at 02:21 AM

This is indeed one of the most beautiful ouds I have ever seen.
DavidJE
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 3-30-2016 at 11:55 PM

No longer for sale at the moment.

I decided to order a new oud and then decide when I get it which of my 3 ouds I'll sell. So it's possible I will put this back up in the future, but for now it's sticking with me!
Omar Al-Mufti
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 4-1-2016 at 12:29 AM

that's the right decision I guess

Go To Top