Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Help with these songs
MoPAT
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 4-1-2016 at 01:43 AM
Help with these songs

Hi to all the Oud experts. I am a beginner (less than beginner in fact) oud player, and I am currently doing the i3zif.com Oud 1 course. I am finding it really good.

While I learn, I listen to arabic music to see what I like and I am slowly building up a list of songs I would love to learn on this beautiful instrument.

There is a long track of 'arabic music' on youtube consisting of a mix of arabic songs, and there are 2 portions of this track that I hope to get your help with. I have attached the two samples of the songs, and have three questions

1. Are the main sounds played by an Oud or other instrument (there are some background sound effects going on but I am not interested in that)
2. Can anyone identify these songs/tunes?
3. Does anyone know of where I can get the music sheets for these, if identifiable?

Thanks in advance for your help. :)
MoPAT

How do you know, if you never try?
Brian Prunka
Oud Junkie

Mood: Stringish

[*] posted on 4-1-2016 at 04:42 AM

Sound quality is pretty bad, but it does sound like the main instrument on both is indeed an oud.
The first one doesn't really sound like a "song", just that repeating figure. It sounds kind of like some things from Trio Joubran, so maybe give them a listen.

The second one sounds like it could be from a song, there's a simple little tune there.

You could try messaging the person who created the youtube mix and see if they can tell you where they came from.

I find it a little odd that you would focus on these two pieces . . . there are so many beautiful pieces of music to learn in Arabic music.

YouTube lessons and resources

Follow on Instagram
My oud music on YouTube
www.brianprunka.com

My u2u inbox is over capacity, please contact me through my website
MoPAT
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 4-1-2016 at 01:32 PM

Hi Brian, thank you so much. You were right, after some searching on youtube, one of the songs is by Trio Joubran and its called Majâz. I will try messaging the creator of the video to ask the name of the other.

Thanks again for your help! :)

How do you know, if you never try?

Go To Top