Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Hello guys!
Fikkerli
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 10-18-2016 at 10:17 PM
Hello guys!

Hello everyone,
I signed up a week ago, so this is a bit late, but anyways:
I'm 17 (almost 18) years old, and have been doing nothing productive nor social lately, so I thought I'd learn an instrument since I always wanted to. One of the few lessons available at the time being are oud's, so now I'm learning that. Although I never thought of learning the oud, I really love its sound when played professionally, and it would be great if I could be decent at it, at the very least . Either way, I'm looking forward for this (probably long) journey and am glad to be with you guys.

Also, I only had one lesson so far (it was about something like keeping up a steady beat while playing) and I'm not sure for how long I should be practicing per day.

Thanks you reading.
SufianSaeed
Oud Maniac

Mood: Feeling like A Resha

[*] posted on 10-19-2016 at 12:54 AM

i started about almost 2 years ago , and this forum has been my daily source of information and encouragement , i really advice reading all the old threads , the amount of knowledge is shared here is amazing, i remember the first few weeks i started i had just graduated so i had loads of free time for the first few months and pretty much what i did is eat practice sleep repeat and i also advice to listening as much as you can , listen 24/7 its your best training , i changed my playlist from fully western almost 2 years ago to fully oriental "just recently western is making it back into my playlist lol" specially oud taqsims and such , it really helps and even more when you listen with attention and try to imitate , best of luck its a long Journey that is fully worth it .
Fikkerli
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 10-19-2016 at 05:32 AM

I'm actually in a similar situation! I graduated highschool this year and now I have too much time to spare.

And well, I know how useful this forum can be. Since the day I got my oud, I've been doing my little research on it, and I mostly ended up here every time. It's definitely full of knowledge, and that's why I signed up in the first place. But I didn't know how encouraging getting tips and such from fellow members would feel, I like this feeling of a community already. :)

Also thank you for the advice, I'll make sure to start doing that!

Go To Top