Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Tareq Jundi Exercises 2
newlife_ks
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-7-2016 at 06:41 AM
Tareq Jundi Exercises 2

Hello folks!

Since I had overwhelming feedback for Tareq's Exercises 1 :( I decided to post exercises part 2 especially for Humam and chaldo who gave response. Thanks for that!

There is a part about in the middle of the video where Tareq does some risha technique which I did not transcribe, just the 7/8 part of it. He also shows some artistic stuff near the sound hole which I also skipped. You have to figure out for yourself.

If anybody of you knows more interesting stuff like Tareq's, please post some links!

Attachment: Tareq Jundi Exercises 2.pdf (45kB)
This file has been downloaded 231 times

Greetings from Klaus in Germany!
Humam
Oud Maniac

Mood: Rast

[*] posted on 12-7-2016 at 10:39 AM

Thank you very much newlife_ks for the exercise. The file downloaded six times, I think this number is not bad at all, and it does count as a positive feedback too.

What tool are you using to create the script?

Best regards.
newlife_ks
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-7-2016 at 01:25 PM

Hello Humam!

I use Sibelius 7.5 and export to pdf. Btw maybe I'm going to update my pdfs soon because by playing them I noticed that more fingerings might be helpful. They are for me, I'll edit them anyway, so it won't be a big deal to post them here. Even if others might have different opinions about fingering.

I'm also thinking about making up my own exercises for posting. I'm mainly a guitar player, but some of guitar exercises are very good for oud too. E.g. there's one pattern starting with a major seventh upward C arpeggio (C E G B) going down the scale back down, then continues with the D minor arpeggio (D F A C) and scale down and so on. I believe it makes sense to capture what you're doing when you fiddle around on the oud. You always will discover something you can't play at first, and that's what one should remember and write down to expand one's limits.

Just some days ago I started using my Qi Gong balls again with left and right hand, and I feel that training does something good to my finger joints which are not the youngest anymore. I can only highly recommend the use of those balls, especially the stone ones because of their weight, not those lighter ones with the jingling sound inside. They're ok too, but too lightweighted to train my fingers. Practising with them even seems to have a positive effect on my spirit, they make me feel better and sort of drag me to my oud to see what they did for me. I either like to concentrate on them or just play while watching tv. With four balls you can even train both of your hands. Give them a try, you won't regret it! Starting of with the balls before playing your oud gives you quite another start into your playing.

Greetings from Klaus in Germany!
Microber
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 12-8-2016 at 12:32 PM

Thank you for the work newlife_ks. Very useful.
Robert
JawadDub
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 12-9-2016 at 03:51 AM

thanks so much for the tips :bowdown:
chaldo
Oud Junkie

Mood: archaic mood

[*] posted on 12-9-2016 at 06:38 AM

wow. thanks again!!

Go To Top