Rapair -- 0 (0%)

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Oud repair in California
Naysab
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 1-1-2017 at 09:14 PM
Oud repair in California

Hello everyone,

I have a 1978 oud made by Mohammad Fadel and it needs some maintenance and restoration because it hasn't been played since a long time and I'm getting a buzzy sound when I play the strings. I have a feeling that the fingerboard is warped and the strings are touching the fingerboard when they oscillate.
I took it to a guitar shop in San Diego who seemed knowledgable in ouds where they helped me with putting back the pegbox because it was wiggling and glued it to the neck, but it looks like he doesn't know how to fix this issue.
I even tried to pull the strings knot up from the bridge and it did not help.

Can you recommend an oud luthier who can help me somewhere in San Diego or maybe up in Los Angeles?

Thank you.
Edward6311
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 1-1-2017 at 10:38 PM

I would contact Viken Najarian in Anaheim California. He builds and repairs Ouds. I had him do some work on an old Oud I have that was built in 1961 from Nazerith. He did a great job!
Naysab
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 1-1-2017 at 11:22 PM

Thank you very much Edward, can you confirm if this is his most recent cell phone number (714) 970-2396 ??

Edward6311
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 1-1-2017 at 11:37 PM

I an not sure of his cell phone number. He did provide it to me while he was repairing my Oud. That was about a year and a half ago. I no longer have it. I did contact him through his email, that seemed to work good. He always responded fairly quickly. If you google his name or Ouds in California, he comes up. On his web site! I believe he does provide his email. I met him when I dropped off my Oud for repair. Very nice guy and he really knows his stuff.

Go To Top