4 Syrian Ouds, Bedrossian, Sukar, Khalifah and Zaher

Dear all,
Offering the following Syrian ouds for sale:

1)
Krekor Garabet Bedrossian (1985)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_mHkiMVepI
SOLD

2)
7-Course Zaher Khalifah Indian rosewood (2013). Adjustable action height knob (accessible at the base of pegbox).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KgsdWRJXYE
SOLD

3)
Ibrahim Sukar (Model #1), adjustable action height (accessible inside bowl).
https://www.instagram.com/p/BOnPEPuhOV6/?taken-by=oudproff
SOLD

4)
Mowaffaq Khalifah old (30+ years old; no label inside). Powerful deep Arabic sound.
The soundboard underwent some maintenance (broken small piece; can be seen at the small rosette). In good condition.
https://www.facebook.com/OudProf/videos/1178753568827080/
SOLD

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
TruePharaoh21
Oud Junkie

Mood: Loving the Oud

[*] posted on 2-3-2017 at 12:12 AM

Hi everyone,

I recently bought one of the ouds above and I wanted to write a quick review on the process. I'm usually rather apprehensive about buying things without seeing them first, even more so an oud that I haven't played before, and I'm sure many of you are as well.

To start with, the experience of buying from Oudproff was really great. He was always easy to contact and was willing to answer any questions I may have had. He sent the oud out to be shipped when he had indicated, and it was supposed to arrive a day or two ago. When the oud was held up in Jordan for some reason, Oudproff got the oud back and shipped it out to me from Jordan to California in 2 days. Needless to say, this was a pleasant surprise.

The packaging of the oud was excellent as well. The very first oud that I bought when I started to play was sent to me from Egypt over a decade ago, and when it came, it had a crack on the bowl that I had to have fixed. I was concerned the same would happen with this oud... it wasn't even close. The oud itself was completely triple wrapped in bubble wrap, had extra styrofoam in the box, was in a large wooden box, which was also double or triple bubble wrapped (I don't remember this detail as I was rather excited to open it).

The sound is very much representative of what I expected from the videos Oudproff had posted through various social media of this oud. All in all, he was very honest with it all, including information about when he obtained the oud and any repairs done on it after it was in his possession.

I want to state clearly that I wasn't asked to write this, nor do I have any sort of benefit in doing so. I think it's a great idea, though, for anyone buying from at of these sellers on the forums to post their experience, especially if it's positive, as I'm sure it will inspire more confidence in buyers and grant more transparency to the entire process.

Thank you for this wonderful experience, Oudproff!

MattOud
Oud Junkie

Mood: Feeling Pretty G'Oud

[*] posted on 2-3-2017 at 05:03 AM

This review is very much appreciated!
There are probably several of us who are in the exact situation as you were so this is very helpful.

I also want an OUD but have great fears of shipping and having it actually arrive, and then also safely.... I am taking my time this time since i bought a wall hanger first time around :)

I will definitely look at some of Oudproff's offerings.

Thanx,
Matt
Oud.Proff
Oud Junkie

Mood: Sunbati Obsession

[*] posted on 2-10-2017 at 08:12 AM

My dear TruePharaoh21,

Very glad to have met your expectation with the whole process.

I remember reading years back that you were just playing oud for only a couple of years, and yet you were playing the oud so magnificently, with such a great "Sharqy" feeling, more than some who've been playing it for so many years, and had the admiration for your "True" passion and dedication by a TruePharaoh ;)

It's always a pleasure to put good ouds in the deserving hands, gives me a real joy and satisfaction.

Thanks for the nice words my dear.

Wishing you all the best !

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
charlie oud
Oud Junkie

Mood: chords prefer frets

[*] posted on 2-21-2017 at 01:32 AM

I would like to also recommend Oud prof for his honesty and quick response to enquiries about any ouds he has for sale. Very helpful and respectful of any potential buyer's wishes.

Best Wishes, Charlie
MattOud
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 2-22-2017 at 06:30 AM

Dear Oudproff,

I have left you an email in consideration of one of the above beautiful OUDS.
Looking forward to your response.
Best Regards,
Matt
Oud.Proff
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 2-24-2017 at 12:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by charlie oud  
I would like to also recommend Oud prof for his honesty and quick response to enquiries about any ouds he has for sale. Very helpful and respectful of any potential buyer's wishes.

Thanks a lot my dear

Oud.Proff
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 2-24-2017 at 12:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Maceman  
Dear Oudproff,

I have left you an email in consideration of one of the above beautiful OUDS.
Looking forward to your response.
Best Regards,
Matt

Welcome my dear Matt :wavey:

MattOud
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 3-20-2017 at 06:50 AM

I wanted to also thank Oudproff for shipping an OUD all the way to me safely here in Canada!
I am thrilled and honoured to be able to play such a wonderful instrument.
I also recommend Oudproff as a reliable and reputable seller.
Thank you. :applause::applause:

Go To Top