Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Oud Construction book.
Dr. Oud
Oud Junkie

Mood: better than before

[*] posted on 1-30-2017 at 09:51 PM
Oud Construction book.

I have had a few requests to provide PDF version of the book. I have denied this because digital copy is difficult and costly to secure from unauthorized distribution. Copying the (or any copyright manuscript) is a violation of US copyright law and a theft of IP (intellectual property) if sold. One individual even told me he could scan the book and give it away for free. I have always known this was possible, but I didn't think someone would actually threaten me directly with it.

The only authorized source for the Oud Construction book is from Lulu press:
http://www.lulu.com/shop/richard-hankey/the-oud-construction-and-re...

newlife_ks
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-31-2017 at 04:00 AM

Thanks for the link, I ordered one for me. I do not want to build an oud but I am eager to know how it's done.

Greetings from Klaus in Germany!
Etman
Oud Maniac

Mood: Rast !

[*] posted on 1-31-2017 at 03:34 PM

I already purchased a copy for a luthier friend in Egypt ... he liked it !
Excellent Job Richard ..

Yasser

Dallas, TX
Dr. Oud
Oud Junkie

Mood: better than before

[*] posted on 2-4-2017 at 10:02 AM

I have received a message from "Oudmaker" to rate my own book. I don't understand this request, so I'm asking forum members to rate it instead.

I first published the book in 2002, after 40 years of studying oud construction by dismantling broken ouds. It took 1 1/2 years to complete the manuscript.

My first customer was Jamil Abraham of Khalaf Oud Luthiery. Since then I'd estimate over a thousand copies have been sold all over the world, and many ouds have been built using the book. <http://www.droud.com/completed.html > Some builders are professional luthiers, some had no woodworking experience at all. It has been a very gratifying experience for me and I'm grateful for all the support and positive responses. So please post your rating from 1-10 with any comments, and I'll forward them to Mr. Oudmaker. Thank you.

Go To Top