Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Your dream oud!
alaaraj
Oud Junkie

Mood: Tuning!

info.gif posted on 2-28-2017 at 12:47 PM
Your dream oud!

Dear all

I know that the story of oud goes far and beyond, our passion to it seems endless and our desire to owning the perfect oud is essentially a dream - probably to all of us.

I am just curious to learn from everyone what is their perfect oud collection, that if you acquire; you would be satisfied and look no furhter.

And let's place a cap here to a maximum of TWO ouds - assuming that there's no financial burden! - what would you choose?

Personally, I would like to own a "Faruk Türünz Double Soundboard" and an original 'Nahhat" ouds.

What is your dream oud(s)? Remember you are only allowed two!! :))

:)

Onwards and upwards

HazRaj
mham
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 2-28-2017 at 03:24 PM

Nice idea alaaraj !
As for me, I have just started playing oud a few months ago, but I am definitely attracted to the Faruk Turünz Double Soundboard oud. It's really great to see innovations from other instruments coming to the oud !
I also like how Wissam Joubran's oud looks and sound (http://wissamjoubran.com/fr/ouds-d-excellence/the-oud-of-the-year) !
Cheers !
charlie oud
Oud Junkie

Mood: chords prefer frets

[*] posted on 3-1-2017 at 02:52 AM

I started playing oud about 10 yrs ago after many years a guitar player. I have had 7 ouds in that time ranging from very expensive to fairly low cost. Strangely enough I no longer look for expensive ouds because my Sukar oud has seen off all of them as it has twice the volume a strong tone and plays so easily. I am now more curious about cheaper ouds, apprentice models etc. I am hearing sound in a different way. A rustic earthy tone on some Moroccan oud recordings which many consider cheap or poor is actually more what I like, so I would like to find one of those. That said, I mean no disrespect to the great makers, they are truly amazing. For me though, it's a journey of discovery, more to do with what moves me and what doesn't when it comes to Oud sound and of course the way it is played. Nice idea for a thread and look forward to more replies.

Best Wishes, Charlie

Go To Top