Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Any Oud Players in Portland, OR?
Ibrahim Alali
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 3-24-2017 at 02:21 AM
Any Oud Players in Portland, OR?

Hello all! First of all, I would like to thank the admins for keeping this site up! and I would also like to thank all of the member of mikeouds.com. I have been visiting the site frequently and I have learned a lot from this site.

I have been learning playing the oud for a little over a year now, and I have been learning all by myself and online. I would really like to meet other Oud players or Our learners who are around Portland Oregon and would like to meet with other Oud learner! I have been learning and playing on my oud all by myself for over a year and I would really appreciate some Oud friends!

I hope this was not too much for a first post! and thanks for reading.
Greg
Administrator

Mood: Serene

[*] posted on 3-24-2017 at 02:23 AM

Dear Ibrahim,

Welcome to membership of the forums and thanks for recognizing the work of the administrators.
I wish you many years of happy playing.

Regards,

Greg
Edward6311
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 3-24-2017 at 05:42 AM

Ibrahim,

I have been taking Oud lessons for a couple of years now. I have a wonderful teacher. My teacher and I both live Portland. If you would like to meet sometime that would be great! There are a few Oud players I know in Portland. Most of them are relatives of mine who are part of my Syrian community here in Portland. I currently have three Ouds. I could share them with you and what I have learned so far. U2 me and I can provide you with my phone number.

Edward
John Erlich
Oud Junkie

Mood: Oud-Obsessed

[*] posted on 3-25-2017 at 10:32 PM

Hi Ibrahim,

While visiting Portland OR on a family vacation last summer, I was fortunately to discover--by accident--and briefly attend the 2017 Portland Persian Festival. There was a music school represented. You also might try contacting the festival organizers about this - http://www.andisheh.org/ I have a vague memory that the booth where I encountered the musicians was representing a Persian music school based in Beaverton.

I couldn't find anything about the music school (or whatever it is) in Beaverton, but I did just come across this trio ensemble's web page: http://shabava.com/index.htm

Peace,
"Udi" John

Go To Top