Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Ibrahim Sukkar / Sukar Qanun / Kanun for sale
A m i r
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 7-9-2017 at 09:59 AM
Ibrahim Sukkar / Sukar Qanun / Kanun for sale

Hello Oud and instrument lovers :)

I'm unfortunately selling my Qanun because I don't find the time playing it. It has an awesome sound, like any work by Sukkar. It has 26 string courses. Re, Sol, La and Do string courses have 5 levers - the others have 4 (except the very top and bottom ones).
The clips on the right side that hold this piece of wood that hides the strings (sorry I don't know the name) are broken (see photos), but it would be cheap and easy to replace them. In addition the lowest C-strings are broken and the other 3 lowest string courses will sooner or later break. Apparently these metallic low strings are of bad quality. I didn't change them because of the time effort to change all the strings.

I bought the instrument in 2016, which was an adventure. A friend that I have in Damascus bought the instrument for me and sent a driver with the qanun to Beirut where I received it and brought it home by plane. As for the info that we got from the seller, the instrument was build in 2014.

In 2015 the wish came up to learn to play that instrument. I heard that Sukkar also builds Qanuns and therefore I wanted to get one of his (I have one of his Ouds and love it). I love the instrument, it is awesome. However, it needs far more practicing than one thinks of and I was not patient enough to practice a lot. This is because I have a lot to practice with the Oud and I didn't practice the basics well. It is really hard to start with a new instrument with the basics when you already know one (more or less) well. I therefore didn't play the instrument much and it resided in its case. Thats a pretty sad destiny for such a nice instrument and others might search vainly for it. This is why I (sadly) decided to sell it.

I'm (and the qanun) in Germany but I would ship anywhere. I didn't make out yet how much the shipping costs would take. I still need to get some advice on how to package the instrument safely.

If you're interested I can send more Photos and also Videos (be warned I'm not a good player :D)

The shipment would include:
-The Qanun
-Soft Bag
-Rings with Turkish plastic plectra
-The method book for learning Qanun "Kanun Metodu" by "Halil Karaduman" (Turkish and English)
-Tuning key

So I would be happy if the instrument could move to a nice and more dilligent person :)

Best regards,
Amir

1.jpg - 267kB 2.jpg - 452kB 3.jpg - 474kB 4.jpg - 434kB 5.jpg - 279kB 6.jpg - 448kB
zakiya_alali
Oud Junkie

Mood: Jameel Bashir is a Legand

[*] posted on 7-11-2017 at 07:24 AM

You are at the wrong place at the wrong time
SamirCanada

[*] posted on 7-11-2017 at 08:59 AM

I sent you a u2u

@samiroud Instagram
samiroudmaker@gmail.com
A m i r
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 7-11-2017 at 09:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by zakiya_alali  
You are at the wrong place at the wrong time

how should I understand this? Sure, this is an Oud forum but there is no good qanun forum that I'm aware of and there have been traded qanuns here before.

Any why would that be the wrong time? As you cannot get qanuns from Sukkar currently (or maybe you won't ever going to) there could not be a better time selling it.

Quote: Originally posted by SamirCanada  
I sent you a u2u

thanks, got it
mctxp
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 10-21-2018 at 09:12 AM

Do you still have this Kanun for sale?
A m i r
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 12-21-2020 at 02:07 AM

Hello everyone,

I kept this instrument far too long. Its a shame that it is not being active played.
The instrument is still open for sale. Please contact me, if you are interested

Go To Top