Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Maurice Shehata Oud no. 14 - what to sell for?
cedarmouse
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 9-21-2017 at 03:22 AM
Maurice Shehata Oud no. 14 - what to sell for?

Hello,

I am looking for a new home for Maurice Farouk Shehata oud no. 14. I believe it is walnet, spruce, and ebony, but I am not certain. (I have emailed them to see if they can they can tell me.)

I am wondering what a fair price to sell for would be? Not sure whether the low number (14) affects the value one way or another?

Here are some photos: https://imgur.com/a/62aSm

It is in nearly perfect condition except for some very minor wear.

I am hoping to sell locally (vancouver, canada), but feel free to make an offer if you are interested. :)

thanks!
brook
cedarmouse
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 10-20-2017 at 12:59 PM

I'm selling locally (Vancouver, Canada) for $950 Canadian dollars which is about $750 US dollars. I'm willing to ship elsewhere but would have it professionally packed up so the cost would be a bit more plus shipping costs. If anyone is interested feel free to reply or U2U :).
MattOud
Oud Junkie

Mood: Feeling Pretty G'Oud

[*] posted on 10-21-2017 at 05:38 AM

This looks beautiful, and I probably would have been very interested 6 months ago when i wanted an oud and bought 2 :)
You are also in Canada which is appealing! I had mine shipped overseas and it cost alot. Had you lived closer, i would probably want to try this :)
You may want to record some sound of it playing, whether you can it play or not, to give a sense to the buyer. This isn't mandatory but helpful to the buyer, especially at the pricepoint here.
I bought 1 of my ouds blind but now with more experience would like to hear and feel the oud because now I know more of what i like. I hope you find a good buyer soon. Cheers.
cedarmouse
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 10-21-2017 at 12:40 PM

Thanks for the tips :). I might do that (the recording). I think I need to get new strings too. I'll spend some time doing this if it doesn't sell soon.

Quote: Originally posted by MattOud  
This looks beautiful, and I probably would have been very interested 6 months ago when i wanted an oud and bought 2 :)
You are also in Canada which is appealing! I had mine shipped overseas and it cost alot. Had you lived closer, i would probably want to try this :)
You may want to record some sound of it playing, whether you can it play or not, to give a sense to the buyer. This isn't mandatory but helpful to the buyer, especially at the pricepoint here.
I bought 1 of my ouds blind but now with more experience would like to hear and feel the oud because now I know more of what i like. I hope you find a good buyer soon. Cheers.
Oudiful
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 10-27-2017 at 06:20 AM

I am interested in this Oud, however, I'd like to hear a sound sample first.
cedarmouse
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 10-27-2017 at 12:17 PM

I'm just checking in with the first person but if he isn't interested I'll get new strings and make a recording ASAP. Will let you know, thanks!

Quote: Originally posted by Oudiful  
I am interested in this Oud, however, I'd like to hear a sound sample first.

Go To Top