Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: JT Back in Australia (briefly)
Greg
Administrator

Mood: Serene

[*] posted on 10-31-2017 at 04:10 AM
JT Back in Australia (briefly)

I had the pleasure of catching up with Joe and James Tawadros at their Brisbane concert last night with the wonderful pianist, Matt McMahon making up the trio. As Joe resides in London these days, his Australian concerts are few and far between. On the 9th of November, Joe and James will be performing in Melbourne with Slava and Leonard Grigoyan for a 'Band Of Brothers' concert. From there, they head to Darwin with the trio and then three concerts in NSW before Joe is back in Europe (Performing with the National Philharmonic of Ukraine in Kiev).

I have attended many of JT's concerts over many years and each time I have felt he was at the peak of his powers. And each time, I have been wrong. He just continues to get better and better.

With each passing year, his technical skills become more amazing, his inventiveness and willingness to explore different timbres and textures more interesting and an ever increasing musical sensitivity that belies his young age. Even his onstage jokes have improved :D:D

God willing, I look forward to seeing many more Tawadros concerts over coming years and I am reasonably sure each one will be better than the last, if that's possible.

Greg

Go To Top