Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: [SOLD] A REAL MUHAMMED FADEL HUSSEIN OUD FOR SALE
japan
Oud Maniac

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 11-21-2017 at 06:51 PM
[SOLD] A REAL MUHAMMED FADEL HUSSEIN OUD FOR SALE

Hi fellow members,

I am selling my Fadel Oud..I bout it 10 years ago from a respected fellow member here at Mikeouds. It was made in 19/6/2002.

It is the REAL DEAL and has a Standard Bridge..Was tuned FADGCF and changed it to CGDAFC but you can always change it back. It was said to be his LAST OUD MADE by Mohammed Fadel.

The Craftsmanship is Superb. As some of you might remember, the soundboard got damaged but fortunately, I had an access to a very talented luthier here in Japan (Mr. Minoru Fushimi), thanks to those who referred me to him, who was able to restore it back while keeping the original soundboard. So, all is still original.

It has a new set of Aquila Oud Strings cgdAFC Super Nulgut and it still sounds just as it has always been, amazing.

The Scale Length is 58.4 cm .So if you are in the market for a Real Fadel Oud..One of the nicest yet to be seen..And might be the last one that was made..

SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY..

Thank You

DSC_0250.jpg - 227kB DSC_0251.jpg - 263kB DSC_0252.jpg - 363kB DSC_0254.jpg - 398kB DSC_0255.jpg - 343kB DSC_0256.jpg - 349kB DSC_0257.jpg - 305kB DSC_0248.jpg - 287kB DSC_0247.jpg - 395kB DSC_0249.jpg - 232kB
japan
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 11-21-2017 at 06:52 PM
Mohammed Fadel Oud Labels.

Forgot to post photos for the label.

Here they are.

DSC_0268.jpg - 276kB DSC_0271.jpg - 229kB

oud_man
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 11-22-2017 at 12:59 AM

Quote: Originally posted by japan  

Here they are.

I have been in contact with Omar Mohmad Fadel
He told me this oud is fake and does not belong to them
Attached picture of the conversation in Arabic for you.

mf.png - 314kB
japan
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 11-22-2017 at 04:39 AM

Well, I bought it from INFAMOUD whome I don't think would sell anything fake. Also, according to those who were on that post, Alan even had it on his site Iraqi-Oud.com back when he owned it.

Beside, the craftmanship can't be of a fake oud if you could just hold it between your hands for even few seconds.

Here is the post just as a reference:

http://www.mikeouds.com/messageboard/viewthread.php?tid=4938#pid319...

Quote: Originally posted by oud_man  

Here they are.

japan
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 11-22-2017 at 05:43 AM

By the way, I am including the very same hard case that came with it.

oud_man
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 11-22-2017 at 08:20 AM

You know how many fake ouds for mohmad fadel which looks identical
To the genuine one!!
Feel free to contact his sons for further clarification
They are available on facebook

Well, I bought it from INFAMOUD whome I don't think would sell anything fake. Also, according to those who were on that post, Alan even had it on his site Iraqi-Oud.com back when he owned it.

Beside, the craftmanship can't be of a fake oud if you could just hold it between your hands for even few seconds.

Here is the post just as a reference:

http://www.mikeouds.com/messageboard/viewthread.php?tid=4938#pid319...

Quote: Originally posted by oud_man  

Here they are.

Andalusia
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 11-25-2017 at 09:53 AM

Sent you a msg
japan
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 11-26-2017 at 02:24 AM

Replied back. Thanks

Quote: Originally posted by Andalusia  
Sent you a msg

Omar Al-Mufti
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-26-2017 at 05:24 AM

I would like to add one thing here.
Mohammad Fadel has 4 sons who are also oud makers. I heard a lot that they themselves (except for Yaroub) made ouds after their father's death and claimed that the ouds are made by them.
So, I doubt that any one of the sons really has the records of all ouds made by the father. If there was one record, it should be kept with one of the sons, not with all, right?
Omar Fadel himself is making new ouds now with new dates using his father's name. Please look at Omar's ouds. The lack the craftsmanship and finishing. I doubt that he can tell the ouds are original or not just from seeing a picture. Please do visit his facebook page and see the ouds he makes in the name of his dad.
Please check the ouds make by Faeq, the eldest son. I would never rank them as good ouds. Name one famous player uses ouds made by Faeq, Faleh or Omar.
Yaroug, the youngest is not included here of course.
This whole process of buying and selling Mohammad Fadel ouds is a little vague. Many factors influence the process. I believe it is in Fadel's sons favor to say that the ouds are not original so they can offer the original ouds they claim they have.
I highly recommend contacting Yaroub Fadel, for me he is the only one in the whole family who has credibility and knowledge to tell the truth, one of the reasons is that ouds he makes himself are more expensive than his dad's ouds. He does not need to run a side business selling his dad ouds.
Please do not forget that all want to win in the name of Fadel, sons who want to sell, fakers who want to sell, people claiming that they worked in Fadel's workshop (Ayad Alaswad for example) who also want to sell, and other people who own oud confirmed to be made by Fadel and they are making 1 to 1 copies of them for exaggerated prices, I mean the Bashir family here. And all of those parties are enemies of each other.
The only people I would trust here are oud collectors, like oudproff, or Yaroub Fadel.
By the way, I used to visit Mohammad Fade's workshop regularly. I lived in the same neighborhood. I remember that they produced ouds with eagles, especially to customers from the gulf. It was the trend.
I remember very well that there was a big issue in the former zeryab site when Faleh Fadel sold fake ouds to customers claiming they are ouds made by his dad.
Omar Al-Mufti
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-26-2017 at 05:27 AM

I strongly think that this oud was made in Fadel's workshop, or by one of the sons or one of the workers in the workshop. I strongly believe that this oud was sold after the death of M. Fadel by one of his sons. I strongly believe that the paper inside is original, and also made after the death of the father so the sons could sell the oud. I strongly believe that it is not in the favor of the sons now to reconfirm that the oud is original.
Fadel ouds started having tags signed by brothers very late. The original old ouds didn't.
They made good business out of it when the father was very old and sick.
Apparently they are still trying to confuse people.
japan
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 11-26-2017 at 05:53 AM

Omar Al-Mufti. Thank you very much for stepping in and showing these facts. Not because I want to sell the oud, but to show the truth.

I didn't really pay attention to what his son say, doubting that he actually knows all the ouds made by his father or his workshop and that there is something fishy going on.

I myself is ouds collector and have been here for years and own several ouds from Fadel, Najm Abood, Mohammed Fathi Amin, to Kamil Mowais and many others. I would never ever think of owning a fake oud, let alone offering to sell one.

I appreciate art and especially precious ones. When I first bought this oud, I knew right away it wasn't fake. I really mean it and again not because I am offering to sell it, for God sake, I can even cancel the offer all together. What I am trying to say is, it does feel different from other ouds and craftsmanship is amazing let alone the sound. I love holding this oud and run my fingers through its strings all the time.

When I buy any of my ouds, I buy them from trustworthy people. Take for example this oud, I got it from INFAMOUD, and Najm Abood from OudProf, and the same goes with the other ouds.

Anyway, Thank you very much, Omar, for standing by the right and may the mercy of God be on Fadel for the art he left behind.

Peace.

Omar Al-Mufti
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-26-2017 at 06:07 AM

My pleasure!
I also think that the appearance of the oud is not different from what is claimed to be original.
One more thing I missed to mention. If a faker is so skillful, why would he make and oud pertaining to the late eras of Mohammad Fade????? It is better to fake the early 80s and 70s ouds. They are simpler in shape :)
Please go to the facebook page named oud mohammad fadel (in Arabic) and see that it is Omar's page, and he is making new ouds with his old dad's rosette. and the fake ouds of fadel that I have seen are much better than the ouds made by omar or faleh fadel.
japan
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 11-26-2017 at 06:21 AM

Omar, that's exactly what I have been trying to say all along. The oud can't be fake with all the work and details it has. I had the oud's face fixed by Mr Minoru Fushimi who is a professional luthier and who thought that it was one of the most beautiful pieces he's ever seen. It cost him more than $1200 to fix it because he said he was dealing with something special and that he could see it and feel it throughout the time he spent fixing it. But what I paid him was less because of the agreement we had at the beginning which is a different story but just for the details.

I have already been to their facebook page right after this whole thing started and that confirmed what I had in mind. It is sad to see personal interest get in the mids of such field of art, but for as long as there are honest people around, I think things will be OK.

Omar Al-Mufti
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-26-2017 at 06:33 AM

In conclusion.
We are all oud fans. We know the good and bad. We can somehow judge. There are lots of photos to compare with. There are lots of collectors and oud players who owned Fadel's ouds.
If we can't judge ourselves, better to ask help from a NUTRAL person, who has not interest to confirm or deny.
Wish you all the best
If your oud considered fake, the facebook page where Oudman quoted from is also fake. It says Oud Mohammad Fadhel, and the owner is Omar Fadhel :)
Sorry, I don't mean any offence towards oudman, but I really disagree with his action involving Omar Fadhel into the story.
One other important thing. If someone has doubt, better to start communication in u2u. It is bad to put any of the members in such a position with no tangible proof
Regards to all
japan
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 11-26-2017 at 06:40 AM

Well said, Omar. Couldn't have said it better. Bless your heart. :applause:

japan
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 11-26-2017 at 06:52 AM

For those who asked for sound samples. Below are two links to two very short recordings. Remember, I am more of a collector than a player so excuse my limited skills. :)

https://goo.gl/4nSc4x

https://goo.gl/2yyrCx

Thank you.

oud_man
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 11-26-2017 at 07:25 AM

As there are so many fake ouds for Mohmad Fadel
The best things to get in contact with his sons to confirm
Authentic of the oud. Currently Omar has the legal right of
Mohmad Fadel manufacturing rights
So if he says the oud is fake then you should take him seriously!
Also he stated that they never use eagel in making ouds ever!
I will also get Yaroub opinion( younger son of fadel) and
I will include the conversation in the thread.

japan
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 11-26-2017 at 07:38 AM

With all respect. Eagle ouds made by Fadel were specially made for the Gulf area during a period of time and lots of people in that region know that very well and seen them when they were made way back when he was alive and his sons weren't even born or were still babies.

Omar Al-Mufti
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-26-2017 at 07:54 AM

Oudman
Yes he managed to get the legal right of producing ouds under fadel's name, that still doesn't mean he can tell for sure which oud is authentic or not.
Which oud is more authentic? The eagle one which looks fine? Or the ones newly made by omar?
oud_man
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 11-26-2017 at 08:02 AM

Check out this thread

http://www.mikeouds.com/messageboard/viewthread.php?tid=17372

The member has contacted Omar Fadel who confirm the authentic of the oud.

I don't know what kind of relationship that both of you share but this is not the right way of promoting for fake oud!
Omar Al-Mufti
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-26-2017 at 08:06 AM

Ok.....
I didn't doubt that you or the other member have contacted him.
I am doubting Omar himself.
Could Omar show us the record where ouds serial numbers are written down?
What would Imar classify the ouds made by him personally using his dad's rosette? Omar or Mohammad Fadhel ouds????
He didn't clarify to you why the oud is not original....is it the eagle? Dimentions???? What exactly?
japan
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 11-26-2017 at 08:07 AM

Ouch oud_man! Now we are starting to get out of the professionalism that we are all proud of here in the forum and you ego started to get in the way or whatever relation you and his sons have. You know what? It's up to you and his sons or whoever else think its fake. But there are lots of other people including myself and all those who contacted me asking to buy the oud despite what you are trying to do still believe its authenticity. Good luck and try to relax. From my side, its the end of this case, and the oud is still for sale..as a REAL Authentic oud whether you belive so or not. All the best.

Omar Al-Mufti
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-26-2017 at 08:12 AM

It could be authentic or could be fake......how did Omar tell this is fake
I am an engineer and do not accept statements without proofs.
What criteria Omar uses to judge oud authenticity?
Dimentions? Wood? Shape? Weight? Sound? Serial numbers?
Which one did he use this time?
Omar Al-Mufti
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-26-2017 at 08:14 AM

😊😊😊😊😊relation?
No relation at all
Admins could also check if we shared u2u messages.
They could also see if we both have posted threads in the same post.
Omar Al-Mufti
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-26-2017 at 08:15 AM

Go see the oud I am selling.....is it fake?
Contact Faruk Turünz himself...could he tell it is really his oud without having certain data????
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top