Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Fathy Amin 60's for sale (sold)
ilnokaly
Oud Maniac

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 2-10-2018 at 01:01 PM
Fathy Amin 60's for sale (sold)

Dear oud fellows,

I am offering for sale this sweet Fathy Amin made in the 60's (probably the 2nd half of the 60's).

The oud belonged to an (old) friend of mine who bought it directly from Fathy sometimes arround 50 years ago.

The oud is clean and in a very good condition, some wears are due to the normal usage and its age.

The soundboard is composed of a very fine tight grain pine having slight decorations and plexi rosettes (typical design and material for this period).

The bowl's woods are mahogany x bleech with fillets and the bowl's dimensions are 49 x 37 x 18.5 cm

The neck width from the nut is 3.5 cm and from the bowl's side is 5.5 cm

The action is just correct (not too high, and not too low) yet the playability is tremendously pleasant (Fathy Amin was a real master in the playability issue, if some of you have one or 2 of his ouds, the playability of his ouds are very distinguished)

The fingerboard is mahogany with bone frets.
The String length 60 cm and the string length is 20 cm.

I can describe the sound of it as sweet, 'singing yellow' trebbles and a dark 'cavernous', responsive and tempting (everytime i play it, i dont want to stop due to the above stated playability )

The attached video sample of the oud will give you a better idea of the sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyIrlCrDmlE

The oud is located in Cairo.

Kindly note that this oud is a rare piece of a late master.

I am letting go this sweet friend for 2000 USD (negociable) excluding shipping costs (if any).

Please contact me on: ilnokaly@hotmail.com
Abdallah

Webp.net-resizeimage (6).jpg - 272kB Webp.net-resizeimage (5).jpg - 492kB Webp.net-resizeimage (4).jpg - 359kB Webp.net-resizeimage (3).jpg - 373kB Webp.net-resizeimage (2).jpg - 496kB Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg - 399kB Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg - 116kB

Go To Top