Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Dr. Ali's Oud Research..?
Oudistan
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 4-14-2018 at 05:22 AM
Dr. Ali's Oud Research..?

Hello everyone,

As I mentioned before in a different thread, I have been a long time lurker and a previous member of these great forums but have lost my user/pass and the email I used.

I returned to some old posts by "Alioud", who is Dr. Ali Al-Ibrahim as I remember the intriguing posts he made and the superb ouds he created and provided to some of the greatest oud players in the world.

His ouds are probably the best floating bridge ouds I have ever heard.

In one of his posts he mentioned that his research in oud construction and bracing methods will be published, has he published that work?

Is there a way to get in touch with him?

I am really interested to see that research and/or his oud construction plans for the last batch of ouds he created.

http://www.mikeouds.com/messageboard/member.php?action=viewpro&...
suz_i_dil
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-15-2018 at 03:46 AM

Hello

though i never played one of this ouds i agree all recordings sounded very convincing for one keen on floating bridge ouds.
Dr Ali indeed published a lot of information on zeryab forum, then the forum closed said because of a law suit for music scores copyrights. Resutling the forum was shot down and all files in it vanished. I asked a bit around, and excatly for what you are asking for, Dr Ali communications but nothing

Maybe if you succeed to get directly in touch with him ?

Best of luck

Oudistan
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 4-15-2018 at 05:46 AM

After some intelligence gathering, I discovered that his oud plans were/are at the "Bahrain Music Instruments Factory"..

It appears he had constructed the ouds at their factory, either rented the space or was permitted to use it for his private work.

I will need to get someone associated to them to check if they still have the plans or if we can get a copy.

suz_i_dil
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-15-2018 at 11:17 PM

would be great if those could be shared again with your help

I dont have any connection there i'm going to ask around

Go To Top