Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: New Oud book (Oud Explorations for Intermediate players)
joseph
Oud Maniac

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-20-2018 at 08:43 AM
New Oud book (Oud Explorations for Intermediate players)

I am excited to announce my oud book to this forum.

The book is different from introductory books in that it targets intermediate level players, and is designed to help the player to progress to a more advanced level. I include many exercises in the previews to help the reader determine if the book is appropriate for their level. There are many more differences about this book that you can read about in the book previews.

I emphasize in the book that I am a learner of the instrument, but I believe that I can still contribute to the oud and Arabic music and help other players, by documenting the learning process and by sharing exercises and approaches that I found useful. I hope to contribute through this book to the uptake of this beautiful instrument, and to the appreciation of Arabic music and culture in general.

The book is currently available in PDF ebook format. A paper copy is not yet available, but I am happy to work on one if there is enough interest. I focused on a digital copy initially to keep the costs down and to keep the publishing process simpler.

Please support this work by buying the book if it is appropriate to your level, and by recommending it to others who may benefit from it. I would also appreciate feedback, especially ratings and reviews on the Lulu web site where the book is sold, which would also help other readers.

The book is available on Lulu.

Visit the Lulu website :
http://www.lulu.com
and search for: oud explorations

or follow this link:

http://www.lulu.com/content/e-book/oud-explorations-ebook/22640711

A preview extract of the book is available on the Lulu web site if you follow the preview link under the book cover.

A longer HTML preview is also available on:
http://www.shortwavepress.com

Many thanks
Joseph

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P.S. I am not completely new to this forum, but I have been absent for a long time, and have been very busy with work and different projects including working on this book. The book was more complex to produce than I expected and took me many years of part time work to complete. I was finally able to finish it after a few months of unemployment last year allowed me to focus on it. This is one of my previous posts.

http://www.mikeouds.com/messageboard/viewthread.php?tid=5937

I couldn't remember the email address that I initially used to register, and could not figure out how to contact support to reset my password, so I registered with a new user id. If the administrator sees this and wish to amalgamate the duplicate ids, I am happy to be contacted to be authenticated.

Note:
Welcome back Joseph. I have taken care of resetting your email to coincide with your original account. I also moved this post under the same. Cheers mate!
joseph
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 4-20-2018 at 04:02 PM

I have now regained access to my original id, thank you, and I can now hopefully contribute to future posts under this id.
I would welcome feedback, reviews, requests or questions on the book as I said in the initial post, which you can put here, or contact me via U2U if you prefer.

Thanks
Joseph
Jack_Campin
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 4-21-2018 at 08:23 AM

Looks like Lilypond can't do Turkish microtonal key signatures. I want to able to write in the standard way.

Go To Top