Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Zeryab Shami 1
Gab bardo
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 4-22-2018 at 01:51 AM
Zeryab Shami 1

Hey everyone.
I am new to the world of the Oud and have little experience in music in general but have taken a liking to the sound of the oud and i think it would be a long but rewarding journey learning to play it. (I have access to some teachers to help me along the way)
After extensive research i found that i prefer the sound of the Syrian and egyptian ouds. From what i've read both the apprentice shehata ouds and zeryab shami ouds (model 1) deliver reasonably consistent sound profiles and decent quality for the price.
I have been trying to find out where i can purchase the zeryab shami 1 oud online but have had little success contacting the manufacturer through the zeryab website or through their facebook page. Omar al muftis playing in the youtube vid (the one with dishes in the background) pulled me over the line.
I live in sydney australia.
There are similar models available on arab instruments but not specifically the shami 1 and im not sure what the differences may be, sound wise between them (nahat style model 2 for eg).
Would appreciate it if anyone could help in this regard. Thank you in advance guys! 😀
alchemy
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 9-3-2018 at 08:33 AM

Hi, I know very little about the Zeryab maker other than being recommended on this forum, but I've just been able to contact him through his Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/zeryaboud1/

I contacted him because I wrote a message on the website and his reply never got to me. Maybe it was also the case for you. You can deal with him directly.

I'm also thinking of purchasing a Shami #1 and was also convinced by the good reviews of Omar Al-Mufti. The quotes I got from the maker are quite good. Let me know how it goes for you. Will post when I get mine.
Good luck!

Go To Top