Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Charbel Rouhana tribute to Sayyed Darwish concert
Edward6311
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 8-27-2018 at 01:06 AM
Charbel Rouhana tribute to Sayyed Darwish concert

I’m now in Beirut, but while I was in Jbeil Byblos, Lebanon I had the privilege of attending a Charbel Rouhana tribute to Sayyed Darwish concert. It was amazing! I feel lucky that my time in Jbeil Byblos coincided with this concert. I videotaped a few songs including a beautiful taqsim by Charbel Rouhana. I want to thank my cousin Naziha and her husband Jusaph for being such gracious hosts and providing me with a ticket to this amazing display of music. I have not been able to include a video due to it containing too much data. Any advice on how to provide a video would be greatly appreciated.
ChanningPDX
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 10-25-2018 at 01:18 PM

Hi Edward,

I'm afraid that I don't have any advice about posting video, but Nat told me he had seen some of the video that you filmed and that it was pretty impressive stuff.

I'm taking lessons with Nat now, by the way (thank you for the recommendation!), and he's helping me work my way through Vol. 1 of Charbel's book. We're just about up to Grade 3 now. Definitely quite a workout! I hope you're able to post the video at some point. I've tried to find as much of Charbel as I can on Youtube, but I'd love to see some more video of his playing to get a better sense of some of the things that he's doing.

Hope we have a chance to meet at some point in the near future. It would be great to get all of the oud players in Portland together for a little meet-and-greet playing session at some point. Doesn't sound like there are very many of us--yet.
Brian Prunka
Oud Junkie

Mood: Stringish

[*] posted on 10-25-2018 at 01:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ChanningPDX  
Hi Edward,

I'm afraid that I don't have any advice about posting video, but Nat told me he had seen some of the video that you filmed and that it was pretty impressive stuff.

I'm taking lessons with Nat now, by the way (thank you for the recommendation!), and he's helping me work my way through Vol. 1 of Charbel's book. We're just about up to Grade 3 now. Definitely quite a workout! I hope you're able to post the video at some point. I've tried to find as much of Charbel as I can on Youtube, but I'd love to see some more video of his playing to get a better sense of some of the things that he's doing.

Hope we have a chance to meet at some point in the near future. It would be great to get all of the oud players in Portland together for a little meet-and-greet playing session at some point. Doesn't sound like there are very many of us--yet.

You can usually study with him at Simon Shaheen's retreat in august if you like--he's an excellent teacher. It's in Massachussetts.

YouTube lessons and resources

Follow on Instagram
My oud music on YouTube
www.brianprunka.com

My u2u inbox is over capacity, please contact me through my website

Go To Top