Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Zeryab oud for sale
SamirCanada

[*] posted on 10-4-2018 at 07:01 AM
Zeryab oud for sale

I am selling this beauty oud made by Zeryab.

I have made a new bone nut for it and repaired an area under the top near the neck block. Unfortunately there remains a slight blemish as can be seen in the pictures. That said, it is very solid.

I am asking $1500 usd including hard case. I can offer to split the shipping costs 50/50.

For pics and sound sample click here: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bog-JQHgaWd/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&a...

Also everyone please follow and share my Instagram. :)

@samiroud Instagram
samiroudmaker@gmail.com
SamirCanada

[*] posted on 10-17-2018 at 08:33 AM

full disclose I hadn't paid for the oud, it was rather given to me as a payment for repair work I did.

as such I wasn't informed on the prices of these ouds. I looked into it a bit and I am reducing as a result.

new price is $1000 usd + shipping.

thank you.

@samiroud Instagram
samiroudmaker@gmail.com
ondalud
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 12-6-2018 at 03:54 AM

Hi Samir
I saw the video and images of this oud.
But I have not undestand where is the slight blemish...
Take this opportunity to ask:
1) What do you think of this oud. Can you consider it professional or not?
2) How's the action? it is comfortable?
and the last question...
3 )What are the costs of shipping from Canada to Italy (with the necessary insurance)?
If you want to reply in private my email is achillemeazzi@libero.it
Many thanks for your courtesy.

Regards
SamirCanada

[*] posted on 12-6-2018 at 11:19 AM

sent you another email my friend. your mailbox is full!

@samiroud Instagram
samiroudmaker@gmail.com
ondalud
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 1-24-2019 at 06:06 AM

Thanks Samir,

meazziachille@gmail.com
buhaissy
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 2-5-2019 at 05:54 PM

the Zeryab oud you post here for $1,500 is on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-ULTRA-PRO-SYRIAN-OUD-NAHAT-STYLE-MADE-B...

for $1,199.00

same exact oud and video.

can you explain?

thanks
buhaissy
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 2-5-2019 at 05:54 PM

same oud on ebay here for $1,199.00

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-ULTRA-PRO-SYRIAN-OUD-NAHAT-STYLE-MADE-B...

I actually love the sound of this oud.

but are you the same seller on e-bay?

thanks.
SamirCanada

[*] posted on 2-5-2019 at 06:20 PM

Hey. I am not the same seller no. They make a lot of ouds.

If you scroll up, the price is reduced to $1000. To be honest I didn't buy this oud, so I didn't really know how much they are worth. It was given to me as a payment for work I did on another oud for someone else.

@samiroud Instagram
samiroudmaker@gmail.com
Brian Prunka
Oud Junkie

Mood: Stringish

[*] posted on 2-5-2019 at 09:56 PM

For what it's worth, many of Zeryab's ouds have significant imperfections, though in my opinion they are still often worthwhile instruments.

Samir is an accomplished luthier. If he replaced the nut and did some repairs, and evaluated the oud in general, it's already worth more than a random oud of this type.

If Samir thinks this oud plays well, has a good sound and is solid, I'd be inclined to value it more than another one just due to his opinion. So I think 1000 is more than fair.

YouTube lessons and resources

Follow on Instagram
My oud music on YouTube
www.brianprunka.com

My u2u inbox is over capacity, please contact me through my website
buhaissy
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 2-6-2019 at 10:00 AM

thanks for the response. well the ebay seller is using your video then. I want to confirm that the oud in the video is the actual oud you are selling here. the sound (and playing) is beautiful.
MoH
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 2-7-2019 at 10:23 PM

I would be wary of that seller (arabesque_store_1) in general. I have dealt with him before and it was never a good experience. He essentially tries to pull every conman trick out there. I was luckily able to save myself from getting screwed over, but I will certainly not be dealing with him again. For all I know, he could be selling great products, but the whole thing just left me with a bad taste in my mouth.
SamirCanada

[*] posted on 2-8-2019 at 06:16 AM

Hi everyone thank you for this, I can't find the link to my video on his ebay page anymore. Maybe he monitors the forums too.

Anyhow, not the same oud.

Buhaissy, I may have a local buyer lined up but in case it doesn't come through are you interested?

@samiroud Instagram
samiroudmaker@gmail.com
Arabesque Store
Oud Admirer

info.gif posted on 2-12-2019 at 03:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MoH  
I would be wary of that seller (arabesque_store_1) in general. I have dealt with him before and it was never a good experience. He essentially tries to pull every conman trick out there. I was luckily able to save myself from getting screwed over, but I will certainly not be dealing with him again. For all I know, he could be selling great products, but the whole thing just left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

:wavey: Hello Mr. MOH
Please can you tell us what problem you have encountered in dealing with us?
MoH
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 2-14-2019 at 09:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Arabesque Store  

Assalamu 3alaikum ya akhi. You might remember the transaction from last summer. I ordered a Ziryab oud. It took very long to ship, and there were some problems along the way, but this was not the biggest issue.

The problem I had was the general attitude of the seller and his page. At one point during the transaction, the seller tried to get me to buy a different oud, saying that it would cost more, but that it would sound better. He said he could sell it for $800, but for me, he would give me a great discount. If that was really true, why not just sell it to someone else for $800? I do not like this type of salesman games, so I obviously declined, and just wanted the oud I ordered at that point. Maybe I have some blame in this as well for not pulling out of the deal when I felt something was wrong, but I really just wanted that oud.

The oud arrived more than a month after I ordered it. I noticed some moderate blemishes which were not in the pictures, but that wasn't a huge issue. I changed the strings, got to playing, and something was off. The oud did not sound right at all, and sounded nothing like the videos you had, not even close. Of course, all ouds sound different, but this one did not even sound like an oud. I was just starting out then, so I took it to an oud teacher, and he said the same thing, so it wasn't just my opinion. I then initiated a return, and the seller first refused, saying my teacher must not know what he was talking about. This seemed very unprofessional to me. Eventually, the seller accepted the return, but was unwilling to give me a way to ship the oud back. He opened a case, and eBay originally decided it in his favor, but I later appealed and was refunded, so it's not like I was ripped off or anything.

I also do not like how on your page, there is a section which says that customers will receive exactly the item in pictures, which is impossible considering you are usually selling more than one of that item. I also do not like how you recommend customers to not open a case with eBay if something goes wrong, and just seems a bit suspicious, but I guess it's understandable, as well.

Overall, I had high hopes from this seller, and was disappointed. I regret how it ended, because in the beginning, the seller was very friendly and seemed like an honest person doing good work. I see you have other good reviews from many people, so maybe it was just this oud that didn't turn out well. The seller was in Jordan, and this oud shipped directly from Syria without going through him first, so he did not have a chance to assess this oud, but believe me, something was wrong with it. Again, I still have some belief that you may be a good and honest seller, but this transaction did not give me a good impression. I do see that your page does look much more professional and the pictures seem better than when I dealt with you, so maybe you guys have improved. I wish you all luck in the future.
MattOud
Oud Junkie

Mood: Feeling Pretty G'Oud

[*] posted on 2-15-2019 at 06:14 AM

I think one thing that maybe started throwing you off MoH, was the slow shipping.
One thing I learned is because OUDs can be expensive, the whole trust transaction is scary, especially buying off people you don't know, we expect our hands held along the way, but it rarely happens...
I think shipping is really the issue in most of these transactions. If shipping were easier, we could try or exchange things we didn't like...but because it is so difficult to ship, then there is customs, etc.... it makes it a nightmare sometimes.
Then add the fact that you were new at the OUD and unfamiliar...you weren't sure what to expect, and then a blemish here and there bothered you. I see a problem with the seller trying to upscale you here...It was more advise to get a better sounding OUD, but I understand what you are saying. Some countries like to haggle!
Again, I also learned that a good OUD is not pre-, and thus depending on how expensive you want to go, blemishes and such get worked out the higher you pay, but blemishes(depending) really don't affect the sound negatively and can be lived with. But when we pay money for some things, we expect better quality! In Canada, if i was to buy a guitar with a small blemish, the company would exchange immediately...not always the case in the OUD buying world.
I bought an OUD from Joradan as well...the shipping took forever, I was worried the whole way, i didn't get alot of support so was left scared, and then customs charged me a lot extra just to receive it. O learned alot as well!

I think in futre for myself if i were to buy another OUD from afar, I now know shipping is basically OUT of senders control after they send it.....I also know to communicate EXACTLY what I want and whant I will Return if it doesn't meet the requirements, and lastly and most importantly, use paypal creditcard to purchase so you can get and INSTANT return if it doesn't look/feel or play correctly! The joys of the Oud world :bounce:
ps: This is why Samir's OUD price is not bad, because one can bypass all the other nightmares!
Arabesque Store
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 2-17-2019 at 03:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Arabesque Store  

Assalamu 3alaikum ya akhi. You might remember the transaction from last summer. I ordered a Ziryab oud. It took very long to ship, and there were some problems along the way, but this was not the biggest issue.

The problem I had was the general attitude of the seller and his page. At one point during the transaction, the seller tried to get me to buy a different oud, saying that it would cost more, but that it would sound better. He said he could sell it for $800, but for me, he would give me a great discount. If that was really true, why not just sell it to someone else for $800? I do not like this type of salesman games, so I obviously declined, and just wanted the oud I ordered at that point. Maybe I have some blame in this as well for not pulling out of the deal when I felt something was wrong, but I really just wanted that oud.

The oud arrived more than a month after I ordered it. I noticed some moderate blemishes which were not in the pictures, but that wasn't a huge issue. I changed the strings, got to playing, and something was off. The oud did not sound right at all, and sounded nothing like the videos you had, not even close. Of course, all ouds sound different, but this one did not even sound like an oud. I was just starting out then, so I took it to an oud teacher, and he said the same thing, so it wasn't just my opinion. I then initiated a return, and the seller first refused, saying my teacher must not know what he was talking about. This seemed very unprofessional to me. Eventually, the seller accepted the return, but was unwilling to give me a way to ship the oud back. He opened a case, and eBay originally decided it in his favor, but I later appealed and was refunded, so it's not like I was ripped off or anything.

I also do not like how on your page, there is a section which says that customers will receive exactly the item in pictures, which is impossible considering you are usually selling more than one of that item. I also do not like how you recommend customers to not open a case with eBay if something goes wrong, and just seems a bit suspicious, but I guess it's understandable, as well.

Overall, I had high hopes from this seller, and was disappointed. I regret how it ended, because in the beginning, the seller was very friendly and seemed like an honest person doing good work. I see you have other good reviews from many people, so maybe it was just this oud that didn't turn out well. The seller was in Jordan, and this oud shipped directly from Syria without going through him first, so he did not have a chance to assess this oud, but believe me, something was wrong with it. Again, I still have some belief that you may be a good and honest seller, but this transaction did not give me a good impression. I do see that your page does look much more professional and the pictures seem better than when I dealt with you, so maybe you guys have improved. I wish you all luck in the future.
Dear MOH :wavey:
We are Arabesque Store. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. Initially, we were shipping some items from the supplier in Damascus so shipping was taking a long time due to poor postal services in Syria. The other thing is that the supplier is responsible for the quality of the item. In fact, the supplier was honest with us and customers feedback proving this, now after the opening of the road between Syria and Jordan, we are shipping the items from Jordan within a week after making sure the quality of the item so as not to fall into such again, we apologize again for not meeting your expectations. We fully appreciate your dealings with us
SamirCanada

[*] posted on 3-7-2019 at 04:32 AM

Bump...

My local buyer was flimsy. I am feeling generous 800$ takes it. I can ship to the US for 60$.

Beauty of a oud, will post new video shortly.

@samiroud Instagram
samiroudmaker@gmail.com
danieletarab
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 6-5-2019 at 08:21 AM
zyriab oud

Hi! I mailed you. check it out! What's the string's lenght? what about the action? thank you
SamirCanada

[*] posted on 6-5-2019 at 11:31 AM

Sorry man sold it long ago

@samiroud Instagram
samiroudmaker@gmail.com

Go To Top