Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Cleaning strings - it works
Khalil_Oud
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 11-18-2018 at 09:01 AM
Cleaning strings - it works

Hi all,
I'm not sure if it was posted before, some guitar player clean their strings, and it works !
I tried it 2 times, the result is good : the strings become more resonant. I tried for ''expansive strings'' like Pyramid premium like the G.

For whom interested, here is a good link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F97HY4Wmlao

The only thing, be sure that you clean your strings by fresh water enough to not let a residue of amonia, it could affect the fingerboard (it's mentioned in the video) but I prefer to precise it.

Regards,

Khalil

rojaros
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 11-22-2018 at 07:49 AM

Have done it many times (I have a dedicated closed container with 5% ammonia solution that can be reused many times for this purpose). It works just fine, the strings do not loose their intonation (don't wash them hot!). The only limit is actually the fret wear the D string falls victim to as the first one; then you have to change the bass set for sure. That is true for the guitar.

With oud the actual wear is much less, so it's more or less exactly the dirt that makes them dull, so I have really to try that on the pud too, given that a good set of strings is even more expensive than on guitar...

Thanks for making that connection!

Go To Top