Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Seeking Sukar Oud with spruce top in C tuning (edited)
oohoud
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 12-15-2018 at 08:41 AM
Seeking Sukar Oud with spruce top in C tuning (edited)

Hello everyone.

I'm new to this forum, and after doing some research, I have decided I want an oud with an adjustable neck by Sukar.

I'm looking for a M1 or equivalent.

ebony pegs, scale length 60" or more, etc...

Respond and I will email you. Or if you can get me in contact with someone that might want to let one go... Serious buyer here.

They have the sukar electric oud on ebay, and the model 7, but I'm not interested in those as much, although they are excellent instruments. The electric is maybe too modern sounding for me, and the model 7 is shorter length and in high F tuning...

Shipping would be to US.

thanks! :airguitar:
MattOud
Oud Junkie

Mood: Feeling Pretty G'Oud

[*] posted on 12-17-2018 at 05:21 AM

It really is a good choice!
I was fortunate to find one right here in my hometown..in hindsight, I now know just how fortunate I was as Oud's in general are hard to find here, and also, I too wanted to try a sukar.
It has the adjustable neck as well, however, it had been left dormant for some time and the action was really out of whack so it was decided to actually have a new fingerboard put on mine, raising the action to where i like it. It was done by a professional persian luthier so it came out amazing, and was a very fair price to fix.
I paid exactly $350 for the oud and about $200 to get it fixed with new strings and pegs as well!!

I can't see me ever selling this one now. I think the one you inquired of from omar is a very good looking and sounding sukar. If it were closer and I didn't have one, I would look into it for sure...
The only issue i personally had with buying OUD oversees was the unforeseen 'fortune' our customs wanted to cross our border with an oud from the middle east. Because the wood was unknown/unmarked...they dinged me for quite a bit to receive. Make sure if you do find one that is overseas that the seller lists ALL info correctly and fully so it comes over smoothly!! Best of luck!!
ps: here is some info on my sukkar repair! http://www.mikeouds.com/messageboard/viewthread.php?tid=17164

Go To Top