Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Wanting to Buy-Turunz/Mohammadi
jjs
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 1-18-2019 at 04:04 PM
Wanting to Buy-Turunz/Mohammadi

Hi everyone,
I am looking to buy either a Faruk Turunz or Mohammadi Bros. oud. I am located in the USA and would prefer to purchase from a source located in the USA (for payment/shipping reasons). If you have one of these ouds or know of someone wanting to sell, please let me know.

Thank you!
mich
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 1-19-2019 at 03:50 AM

Looks like there’s at least one available through Reverb:
https://reverb.com/item/15979531-mohammadi-bros-oud-custom-rosewood-...

I’ve had great luck with that site. I found my Najarian E-1000 there, and it was sold and shipped easily and in fine condition.
jjs
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 1-21-2019 at 05:58 AM

Thank you for that...but at this price my options would be wide open (and still be able to justify and pay for shipping) with many other luthiers in Lebanon, Turkey, etc. Not so sure about the brass nut on this one.
Omar Al-Mufti
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-21-2019 at 12:06 PM

My advice
Order an oud from Faruk. By the time it's ready, book a cheap flight to istanbul, stay a couple of night there and bring the oud home.
I did that.
sebastian
Oud Addict

Mood: no

[*] posted on 1-27-2019 at 02:51 AM

I can not realy understand you ... Turunz or Mohammadi, I think you could not choose two more different kind of oud ... Both are just similar in price and perhaps precision and qality, but completely different build and constructed. Turunz ouds are made in a big workshop with lots of workers, different styles like arabic or turkish bracing, fixed or floating bridge etc. The mohammadi oud is made by one person in all parts, as far as I know without lasercut etc. He has a special kind of bracing and a very special kind of bridge. Also neck and pegbox joint is unusual ...
If you have the chance, try to play and hold in your hands one oud of both, to get an idea of the sound you prefer...(vacation trip?)
If you want to order or find a mohammadi, look at oriental instruments in Utrecht, NL. The price on Reverb seem to be very high, but I think, 4500 EUR you will have to pay for a new one with this kind of binding and woods (negotiat the price?)
jjs
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 3-5-2019 at 01:23 PM

Thank you for all the private messages! I have purchased a beautiful Nahat oud and my search is finally over ( for now :buttrock: )
majnuunNavid
Oud Junkie

Mood: Dude, where's my Oud?

[*] posted on 3-5-2019 at 06:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by jjs  
Thank you for all the private messages! I have purchased a beautiful Nahat oud and my search is finally over ( for now :buttrock: )

Nice! I hope we get to hear it!

Go To Top