Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Bulent Eryalman
luan
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-22-2019 at 07:13 PM
Bulent Eryalman

I wanted to make a quick review of my new turkish oud from Bulent Eryalman, mostly because the experience was super good and I strongly believe he deserves more exposure. He is a very cool luthier and he isn't that known yet.
My friend Yao made me aware of him, and once I got tired of playing bad ouds I decided to buy an oud from Bulent.

I bought a turkish walnut oud he had already made because it looked fantastic. He sent it to me (Argentina! So far away!) and it arrived in 3 weeks in perfect condition.
I picked it up from customs and couldn't stop smiling because everything went out way more smoothly than what I was expecting.

Bulent speaks english, he is patient and answered all my questions. He is very, very thoughtful and generous.

The oud is really amazing, I have nothing to complain. The sound is great and the construction quality is perfect. I had no issue whatsoever.
I also bought a hard case from him which is really good, but the quality of the soft case he also sent me blew my mind. I don't know who makes it, but it's the best soft case for any instrument that I've seen.

This may sound like an sponsored thread (ha!), but this is just my way of saying thanks to him for being so cool and offering such a good service.
If anybody has any questions about the oud, let me know!

I will try to post an audio sample soon.

Walnut_T2.JPG - 357kB insidethebox.JPG - 304kB

Walnut_T.JPG - 345kB
teslim
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 1-22-2019 at 10:14 PM

i have 3 Bulent Ouds,, every single detail done with love and a amazing artistry,, i have been in his shop several times and am always amazed by his meticulous sense of detail and workmanship...he does everything himself and puts his soul into every instrument,,i am very very grateful for his craftsmanship and open heart, indeed , more people should know about this remarkable luthier, thank you for posting Luan, enjoy your beautiful instrument.
luan
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-23-2019 at 07:32 AM

Thank you Teslim, you too!

Go To Top