Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Any experience with luthier Epram Shokry's "Pharonic ouds"
yozhik
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 3-3-2019 at 07:39 AM
Any experience with luthier Epram Shokry's "Pharonic ouds"

A guy I know from a local music shop here in Cairo recommended I check out the ouds made by a new luthier named Epram Shokry located in Al Minya (central Egypt).

He has a Facebook and Instragram page (just search for "Epram Shokry oud") but it's mostly just pictures of some of his oud builds. Apparently, he only does custom orders.

The only video I know of is the one posted by the luthier himself on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6ddoQIdiQ4

If I get the chance to head south along the Nile in the next few months I might try to stop by his workshop in Minya and get some more information.

I am not particularly interested in the "Pharonic" theme, but since it's the first time I've heard his name I was just wondering if anybody has heard of this guy or had the chance to play any of his ouds?

benjaoud
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 12-17-2022 at 01:54 PM

Hello,

It's been a while since the last post. I thought I'd give it another try, since I'm also very interested to know if anyone has experience with his ouds.
I have been offered one for a seemingly good price, and would really like to know, as I can't have a look at the oud myself before deciding if to buy it or not.

His Facebook page has quite some posts from this year and back: https://www.facebook.com/epramshokryoudshop

So, Epram Shokry, anyone know anything?
coolsciguy
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-17-2022 at 02:08 PM

Hey,

I heard he is a bright young luthier with a long waiting time (he is sold out for a year or two). He has a good YouTube channel and his ouds are beautiful. I suspect he exports a lot to the Persian golf region.

I’d make safe bet on his latest creations if the price is right.
Sorry that’s all I know!

Go To Top