Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Huosain Sabsaby Ouds
Edward6311
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 6-23-2019 at 09:24 PM
Huosain Sabsaby Ouds

Hoping to find out what members with or that have had any experience with Huosain Sabsaby Ouds think of them. I recently heard he is one of the best Oud luthiers in Syria.

Thank you
Edward
alaaraj
Oud Junkie

Mood: Tuning!

[*] posted on 6-25-2019 at 09:33 AM

Sabsaby is indeed one of the very best. I bought mine from him and the whole experience and after sale communication is excellent.

This is mine: https://www.facebook.com/1521400902/posts/10206238914401400?s=146043...

I highly recommend him.

You are welcome to see my Oud yourself if you wish. I live in Cheshire UK.

Onwards and upwards

HazRaj
Edward6311
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 6-25-2019 at 03:34 PM

Thank you for your thoughts, I recently saw a concert with Rahim Al Hajj. After the show I spoke to him about Ouds from Syria and he told me he had just ordered an Oud from Sabsaby. He highly recommended his Ouds. I will be in Syria in three weeks and I’m planning on going to Damascus to get one from him. Very excited!

Edward
norumba
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 7-26-2019 at 08:44 AM

I have a 7 course floating bridge oud fr9m him due to arrive next week. Excellent communication throughout the process.. Looking forward to it.

He has an extensive YouTube channel where he demos almost every oud he builds, which can give you a sense of his sound.

I like his tone - to me it's very distinctive; he gets the attack of a floating bridge without it being brittle or banjo -ish , adding some of that Arabic sounding depth and gravitas with out the the Arabic dry muted characteristics.... Though definitely not a Turkish oud approach, he also has a lot of sustain and a nice midrange tone, so Turkish ornamentations and glides don't get lost , as they can on some Arabic or floating bridge ouds.

Go To Top