Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Shipping Ouds from Beirut to USA
Edward6311
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 8-1-2019 at 06:18 AM
Shipping Ouds from Beirut to USA

I am currently in Syria where I have purchased 4 Ouds for myself and friends, 3 from Zeryab (friends) and 1 from Sabsaby for myself. Unfortunately I don’t think the airline will allow me to bring any on board the plane as a cary on, even in a soft case. I’m considering shipping them from Beirut to Oregon using the Lebanon postal, FedEx or DHL. I’m extremely worried about them being damaged during shipping. I know how important packing them properly is. And using the proper shipping company. Not sure who would be best for shipping fragile instruments like Ouds and if I should pack them myself then take them to the shipping company I choose, or pack them at the carrier service using there boxes and materials or have the carrier service pack them themselves. I’ve never done this before. I have received Ouds twice by mail and both times they arrived safely, one even from Turkey.

Any advice from people who have had experience in this matter would be extremely appreciated.
teslim
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 8-1-2019 at 08:18 AM

i have shipped numerous instruments from turkey and have had the the best service with DHL,, they will pack them,,and you can watch them do it,,, guarantee delivery in 2 days,,,only once i had a problem mostly because the usual packer was not available and i didn't watch them pack the crate,,,one instrument was damaged and they immediately paid for all repairs and refunded my shipping costs ,,,it costs bit more but well worth it if you have valuable instruments,,
suz_i_dil
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 9-2-2019 at 11:08 AM

With national post should be so much cheaper and not risky if well packed.
Cannot you see with Zeryab or Sabsaby for them to take this part in charge with an extra ? They are very used with this kind of shipements.
Another issue, recently to get a buzuq shipped outside Syria it needed a paper from the ministry of culture.
Can make you life much easier if one make it to you. I dont know if they still ask for this kind of paper for export of music instrument, by shipping or at border.

Go To Top