Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: my new oud
Arabesque999
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 12-5-2019 at 04:24 PM
my new oud

https://www.facebook.com/michael.moussa.370/videos/vb.10000049788359...

Dear fellow oudists
One needs to treat himself at times, here is my new long waited oud by Usta Moussa in Padduk bowl and mouski front, I am very thrilled and wonder how he could produce such an authentic dark ancient sound in a new just strung instrument
markus
Oud Maniac

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 12-6-2019 at 05:08 AM

Congrats bro
The oud sounds awesome although it is not one of Michael's exotic replicas. I realised why he has had a recent shift towards Mouski soundboards instead of cedar or spruce which may look better but the original oud sound is well into the mouski.
Play it in good health. You are wheting my appetite to have one of these affordable beautiful smallish oud. Have you done with his Second Samaai?
Greco -Egyptian

Arabesque999
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 12-6-2019 at 09:42 AM

Efkharisto Greco- Egyptian Markus
I am over the moon, would not leave it 24x7, it plays very easily, very responsive. it has got Alice strings which suit him very well. I do not need more volume or resonance. The only catch is that is is built with internal design to suit the C to C tuning which I use most of the time but at times I slip to the F to F tuning. Michael said it will not work for him. I tried against Michael advice the F to F and strange enough it sounded weird and strange. any explanation? it may need different set of stings.
fernandraynaud
Oud Junkie

Mood: m'Oudy

[*] posted on 12-7-2019 at 03:27 PM

I wish I could see and hear it but since I refuse to log in to facebook I can't even look. I know you meant well but i wish people wouldn't pull us into those addicting social media platforms - even YouTube is less binding.

Jody Stecher
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-7-2019 at 04:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by fernandraynaud  
I wish I could see and hear it but since I refuse to log in to facebook I can't even look. I know you meant well but i wish people wouldn't pull us into those addicting social media platforms - even YouTube is less binding.

I agree completely. I can't even get Facebook cookies out of my hard drive. I do not like them At All At All.

They are so devious that any website that has any relationship with them automatically cookie-fies all computers visiting these other websites.

Sometimes one can access a Facebook page without an account but this one is blocked to non-users. Why hide your oud from those who are not Face Booked?
Arabesque999
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 12-8-2019 at 11:35 PM

Sorry Jody and Fernand and everybody not keen on facebook, nothing could be uploaded. I am on a holiday when back I will try again
happy Christmas to all.

Go To Top