Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Looking to purchase a new Arabic Oud, need help
HaBeginner
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 5-17-2020 at 06:21 AM
Looking to purchase a new Arabic Oud, need help

Hello everyone, this is my first post and I'm also looking for my first Oud. I'm definitely looking for a brand new Oud and one that is of good quality. Not really looking to much in the budget range and I have a limit that is around $1000 USD. Can anyone point me in the right direction, to a reputable quality Oud seller/dealer? Any advice and or help is greatly appreciated. I am completely new to this market and instrument so please understand where I am coming from.
JassimbinMater
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 5-17-2020 at 12:47 PM

For $1000 dollars you should be able to get a really good intermediate oud. I would recommend an Ibrahim Sukkar oud, they’re relatively cheap, good quality and have a great sound
HaBeginner
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 5-17-2020 at 12:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JassimbinMater  
For $1000 dollars you should be able to get a really good intermediate oud. I would recommend an Ibrahim Sukkar oud, they’re relatively cheap, good quality and have a great sound

Appreciate the recommendation. I looked into that name and the only thing I can find are cheap Ouds ($400 range) and some Syrian ouds. I am currently looking for an arabic oud thats of good quality. Seems tough to find.
Jody Stecher
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 5-18-2020 at 06:05 AM

Some of the best Arabic ouds have been and still are made in Syria or by Syrians living elsewhere.
JassimbinMater
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 5-18-2020 at 01:12 PM

You mean Sukkar’s standard ouds- they are cheap, but they are better quality than a lot of $1000 ouds you’ll find out there. Some of his special models go up to $750 if you order directly from him. If you get them from a reseller they can go upwards of a $1000. And yes they’re Syrian ouds, your comment seems to imply that you don’t consider Syrian ouds arabic ouds? Do you mean egyptian ouds specifically? It might be hard to find just because a lot of the makers don’t have an online english language presence. Where are you located by the way, there might be some stores near you.
Moh_42539
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 5-19-2020 at 05:50 AM

Hi there

Please check ur u2u
Greg
Administrator
Thread Pruned
5-19-2020 at 05:53 AM

Go To Top