Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Ahmed Mukhtar's Oud Instruction Books
John Erlich
Oud Junkie

Mood: Oud-Obsessed

[*] posted on 6-14-2020 at 12:23 AM
Ahmed Mukhtar's Oud Instruction Books

Hi All,

Does anyone have a copy of any of Ahmed Mukhtar's oud instructions books? Are they any good?

Here is a link to the "intermediate" book on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Mukhtar-Method-Oud-Intermediate/dp/0244144184...

The price does seem very low. Is it a slim volume?

Thanks,
"Udi" John
Jody Stecher
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 6-14-2020 at 10:27 AM

According to Product Information there are 86 pages.
alim
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 6-14-2020 at 02:04 PM

I have all the books in the series. They are ok, the material is not really sequenced gradually for beginners, kind of jumps levels. As well, the notation is both standard and tab and so the books are really half useful (in terms of pages) if you can read standard notation. Also many of the same material is repeated across the series and sometimes the same book!

It does have notation for some repertoire that I didn't have as well as an attempt to show how to add embellishments, however that is not executed smoothly.

Anyhow it depends on what you want it for. I am happy to do a video call and show you the books! Let me know.

Cheers,
Ali-
John Erlich
Oud Junkie

Mood: Oud-Obsessed

[*] posted on 6-14-2020 at 09:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by alim  
I have all the books in the series. They are ok, the material is not really sequenced gradually for beginners, kind of jumps levels. As well, the notation is both standard and tab and so the books are really half useful (in terms of pages) if you can read standard notation. Also many of the same material is repeated across the series and sometimes the same book!

It does have notation for some repertoire that I didn't have as well as an attempt to show how to add embellishments, however that is not executed smoothly.

Anyhow it depends on what you want it for. I am happy to do a video call and show you the books! Let me know.

Cheers,
Ali-

Thanks, Ali! The doesn't sound like a "ringing" endorsement. I appreciate your feedback.

Go To Top