Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Oppinion on intermediate ouds
Gonomo
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 6-29-2020 at 11:34 PM
Oppinion on intermediate ouds

Hi there, i am quite new playing the oud but still I feel I need a better instrument than my beginner oud. Can´t afford a luthier one, so Im thinking about buying an intermediate one, about 400-600 euros (im in europe)

Any suggestions? I´ve read good things about Sukar ouds and checked his website, and there are quite oud within that range.

Also what do you think about shops like arabinstruments, salamusik and so with ouds in that price? and specific for halfelectric with guitar pegs?

Thank you a lot to all the community!

coolsciguy
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 6-30-2020 at 04:56 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Gonomo  
Hi there, i am quite new playing the oud but still I feel I need a better instrument than my beginner oud. Can´t afford a luthier one, so Im thinking about buying an intermediate one, about 400-600 euros (im in europe)

Any suggestions? I´ve read good things about Sukar ouds and checked his website, and there are quite oud within that range.

Also what do you think about shops like arabinstruments, salamusik and so with ouds in that price? and specific for halfelectric with guitar pegs?

Thank you a lot to all the community!

Hi Gonomo,

Like yourself, I am a beginner. I got a Zeryab oud from Mike which is in the range mentioned, and a Turkish made Oud from a site like Sala within $300-$400 range.

In comparison, the Syrian made Zeryab has a much better build, heavier, sturdier, and the sound difference is considerable - deeper and more Arabic.

I suggest you go with a reputable seller/brand. With Sala and similar websites, it's impossible to know what you are getting. Mike walked me through his inventory and helped me pick the one I wanted. This level of service and support is offered no where else.

Btw, I ended up selling the Turkish oud.

Hope this helps.
Jason
Oud Junkie

Mood: Loving my oud

[*] posted on 6-30-2020 at 06:14 AM

Sukar ouds are well built and are generally considered the best low cost option for the Arabic sound. I haven't played the Sala, Ethnicmusical, etc. instruments but it seems like most people on the forum haven't been impressed with the lower cost options. The higher priced ones ($900+) seem to be built with a lot more care and attention to detail as you'd expect.

Keep an eye here as well. Sam often posts nice sounding ouds in that price range for sale.

Personally I would avoid the guitar tuners, they change the balance of the instrument and if you ever upgrade to a luthier built instrument it will have pegs anyway. Thankfully even cheap ouds built nowadays tend to have well fitted pegs.
Gonomo
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 6-30-2020 at 09:44 AM

Thanks a lot for the comments! Will check this site for secondhand and will write to Sukar site for more information.

Any other comments will be appreciate!

CumbusOud
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 6-30-2020 at 01:19 PM

Hello,

I am from Sala Muzik.

On this website, you will find very good reviews about Sala Muzik.
So I don't want to praise my company, as every seller does.

I can recommend you some ouds, Please check videos:

Product1: https://salamuzik.com/products/arabic-oud-a5
Video:https://youtu.be/hw4mGhJ5rH8

Product2:https://salamuzik.com/products/syrian-oud-s5
Video: https://youtu.be/j-69KDQkdXE

From our youtube channel, you can find many more videos and at description you can see product links.
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFn4PtPXHvnO6OXKMCPi83A

We have a %10 discount for mikeouds members.
Discount Code: Mikeouds-Sala

We have express shipping option, it is an extra $39. By express shipping, the delivery time is 3-4 days.

If you have questions you can contact us by email: info@salamuzik.com

Thank you :)
sidharta
Oud Addict

Mood: Feeling creative!

[*] posted on 7-3-2020 at 06:25 AM

Hi guys,
Daniel from Ethnic Musical here.
We manufacture ouds in Izmir, and we are also selling Zeryab ouds.

However, each of our Zeryab ouds goes through a full setup which includes:

* Nut spacing which is sometimes needed
* Pyramid 650/11 set
* String action setup with the built-in truss rod
* Pegs fitting for comfortable tuning

We check every Syrian oud with a professional player to make sure the ouds plays nice and easy.

We've received a new stock of Syrian ouds, you are welcome to check and listen to them :cool:

-- Our New Syrian ouds --

Keep the music!
Sam
Oud Junkie

Mood: Selling Ouds

[*] posted on 7-5-2020 at 07:21 AM

Follow my page on facebook you might find something interesting ..

https://www.facebook.com/Oudmarket/

Sam

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Gonomo
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 7-7-2020 at 01:20 AM

Thanks a lot for all the information

Have checked Sala, Ethnic and some other stores, with very interesing options.

Also thanks a lot Sam, I have also checked (and doing it these days) your site and its very interesting. probably will write you for more information

I wanted to ask if anyone knows where to buy a new Sukar oud, as I can´t find where he is selling them. All I find is old sites that don´t have stock, and in his website you can see the models but can´t buy. I have sent an email but not very optimist about it as I read in this forum that is not easy (in english). Just curious to know :)
JassimbinMater
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 7-7-2020 at 01:54 AM

If you want I can talk to Sukkar for you, I’m regularly in touch with him because I take a lot of his ouds for my store in Qatar. It can be a bit difficult though, it’s not easy for him to ship things at the moment and getting the money to him is a headache because it’s very difficult to send money to Syria at the moment and they’re not even allowed to use USD. If it doesn’t work out maybe I could sell you one that I bought for the store, I’Ve got 20 of his “normal” models arriving in a few days. You can contact me via whatsapp on this number +97455910918
coolsciguy
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 7-7-2020 at 06:44 AM

Hi Jassim,

Can you please let us know the price range for the Sukkar ouds?

Thanks
Gonomo
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 7-7-2020 at 09:29 AM

Well coolsciguy you can have an idea about the prices on his website, https://oud-sukar.com Curious you can see the price but can´t buy them :)

and JassimbinMater so you have your store online so we can take a look too? or just via whatsapp?

JassimbinMater
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 7-7-2020 at 01:04 PM

Honestly we’re not quite ready to ship internationally at this point on a regular basis, I just wanted to help out Gonomo. We have a couple of branches in Qatar, and we make ouds in our workshop. We have a website but it needs to be revamped a bit, our online presence currently is mostly through instagram @qataroud .

We’re working on expanding production at the moment, the plan is to start shipping internationally within 6 months, I’ll probably make a post in the forum at that time kf anyone is interested.

Go To Top