Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Sabsaby Oud Quality
Wali Fard
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 8-11-2020 at 12:50 PM
Sabsaby Oud Quality

Hi folks,

I've been looking for an oud in the style of Nahat, and been having difficulty getting a hold of Zeryab. Somewhere along the way, Sabsaby was suggested.

His salesperson is very nice and responsive, but the price tag is nearly double the price of Zeryab's top-end stuff.

Does anyone have experiences with his workmanship and the sound of his instruments? I'm sure he's a good designer, but I want to make sure before I drop 2k on an instrument I've not heard yet.

Thanks so much,
Fard
alaaraj
Oud Junkie

Mood: Tuning!

[*] posted on 8-12-2020 at 01:27 PM

I own one of Sabsaby’s floating bridge ouds. I've also seen a couple of his with friends. He's consistent and his ouds sound great and well put together (look out his YouTube channel or Facebook page).;

As you rightly highlighted he's not cheap but I found him negotiable.

I am not aware that he has a salesperson though! Are you sure you are not being conned by somebody pretending to be the middleman?

Sabsaby’s phone number is: +963 955 494 440

Good luck

Onwards and upwards

HazRaj
Wali Fard
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 8-13-2020 at 07:44 AM

Quote: Originally posted by alaaraj  
I own one of Sabsaby’s floating bridge ouds. I've also seen a couple of his with friends. He's consistent and his ouds sound great and well put together (look out his YouTube channel or Facebook page).;

As you rightly highlighted he's not cheap but I found him negotiable.

I am not aware that he has a salesperson though! Are you sure you are not being conned by somebody pretending to be the middleman?

Sabsaby’s phone number is: +963 955 494 440

Good luck

Thanks, Alaaraj!

I had actually looked up Sabsaby via instagram, and he listed the phone number that you quoted! Under it, though, it said to contact a Mr. Abdul Alabsi for further details. This gentleman has been very forthcoming and good to deal with- I just was a little worried about the investment.

When you ordered, did you speak Arabic? I don't speak much (and then- it's only the Egyptian dialect), but may enlist the help of my girlfriend who is fluent!

Thanks for weighing in,
Fard
alaaraj
Oud Junkie

Mood: Tuning!

[*] posted on 8-21-2020 at 04:36 AM

Sorry about my late reply. When I ordered I spoke to him directly in Arabic. I can help interpret if you wish.

:-)

Onwards and upwards

HazRaj

Go To Top