Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Risha Treatment
TaiwanTuna
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 8-21-2020 at 04:01 AM
Risha Treatment

Hey everyone,

I found a goose feather on the floor while walking that works surprisingly well as an oud plectrum.

Question: Is there anything that I need to do to the goose feather to make it an "ideal" plectrum? I read something about covering it in oil and waiting a few months and flattening it but I honestly don't know much about this process (if it's even necessary)

Thanks
Ronny Andersson
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 9-13-2020 at 08:40 AM

Quote: Originally posted by TaiwanTuna  
Hey everyone,

I found a goose feather on the floor while walking that works surprisingly well as an oud plectrum.

Question: Is there anything that I need to do to the goose feather to make it an "ideal" plectrum? I read something about covering it in oil and waiting a few months and flattening it but I honestly don't know much about this process (if it's even necessary)

Thanks

Goose feathers are very different from an eagle feather in many respects and a plectrum from a goose does not look or behave like the traditional eagle plectrum who Munir Bashir used, for example. However, Goose feathers were used in medieval Europe. Check out the article here which gives you a good guide.

Best wishes

Ronny
TaiwanTuna
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 9-13-2020 at 07:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Ronny Andersson  

Goose feathers are very different from an eagle feather in many respects and a plectrum from a goose does not look or behave like the traditional eagle plectrum who Munir Bashir used, for example. However, Goose feathers were used in medieval Europe. Check out the article here which gives you a good guide.

Thanks Ronny, this was incredibly detailed and helpful!

Go To Top