Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: A couple of Videos
Mike
Super Administrator

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 4-3-2005 at 03:33 PM

Thanks San3any for the information. I really like Ustaz Kassem a lot. He really gets into his music and lyrics a lot, and that is great I think.

Take care,
Mike

san3any
Oud Maniac

Mood: Prove that 0=1

[*] posted on 4-4-2005 at 07:07 AM
More About Ahmed Kassem

Ahmed Kassem was born in Aden, Yemen. His family is into music, and he really loved oud since he was young. He tought him self, and then later he met other yemeni oud players, whom are like his teacher (eg. Ibrahim Almas, and Abdulkader ba makhramah...etc) then he joined the Music institute in Aden, where he met Jameel Ghanim who was one of his best friends. While learning in the Music institute, he was a teacher in a high school in Aden. He then decided to go to egypt to continue his education. He thought about going to Iraq with Jameel Ghanim, but because he was influnced by Farido, he preffered going to Egypt. In egypt he met Farid Al atrash and alot of Arabian singers and Oud players, and he was famouse in the music world as a great oud player. He invited Farid al atrash to come to Yemen. Farid came to Aden in Yemen and made a tour and sang alot of his famous songs. From that time he started calling Ahmed Kassem "3freet al3ood", because he has a new style that introduced to the egyptions, which was a mix of Yemeni and Egyption techniques.

Ahmed Kassem is considered one of the discoverers of Ahmad Fathi.

Ahmad Fathi was in Hodidah (a city in Yemen) Ahmed Kassem really like Ahmad Fathi way of play since he was 11 years old, and he is the one who introduced him to the public, where he used to ask him to play some taqaseem before any ceremony in Aden. and he used to call Ahmad Fathi (al6ofl almo3jezah) which means the MIRACLE CHILD.

Ahmad Kassem passed away in 1995 in a car accident, while he was driving from Taiz to Aden. Some people are saying its a prepared assination, because mr. Kassem was a member of the communist party, and he was a PROUD COMMUNIST.

I will post some of his songs or give the links on the internet, so that you can go and listen to more of his music.

take care all

Ahmed Alshami (san3any)
elrabee3
Oud Junkie

Mood: in LOVE

[*] posted on 4-6-2005 at 05:53 AM

man, i dont visit this site for two weeks, and u start posting all of these treasures.

i have no comments about Farido's videos, just see how he was playing oud with passion, and u will know why he is the KING. :bowdown: :bowdown:

about Ahmed Qassim, well, San3any did a great job. i just want to add a small info. when Farid visted Yemen in the 1960's to open the Radio and TV Station (i think), somebody introduced ahmed qassem to Farid, and he played oud infornt of him, imidiatly farid called him "3freet el oud"

Jaber
elrabee3@gmail.com
MrOud
Oud Maniac

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-6-2005 at 11:20 AM

Wonderful artist. Thanks for posting.
What an amazing control over the oud while singing. I am very touched by his voice as well.
May he rest in peace.

Udi Mike
mysticman
Oud Admirer

thumbup.gif posted on 3-15-2007 at 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by habeebkum
that really did put a smile on my face:D, he really is a character. and ur right mike, very emotional and i liked him too. somehow i doubt he is yemeni( thats just a guess tho cos of his accent!).
and i've heard all the recordings in rare ouds and i love Naqichbendi's style, so i just wanted to watch him play cos i always feel as if i learn a little from watching and hearing.
thanx for the vids, take care:applause:

Hi to all,

It has been a while i have been watching this excellent forum and website, thank you Mike:applause:. Today i decided to post something for the first time.
I think Omar Naqichbendi might be playing on this video, but i am not sure. I hope you like it ! :)

here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcLPCLLnF-g&mode=related&sea...

cheers
Jameel
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 3-15-2007 at 02:12 PM

Nice!

samzayed
Oud Junkie

Mood: Mashee el hal

[*] posted on 3-15-2007 at 03:46 PM

Check out what else this guy posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGBmAN7JPps

Now that's rare to see, :D
mustafa
Oud Maniac

Mood: oud moud

[*] posted on 3-15-2007 at 05:44 PM

Allah, Allah....:bowdown:

:bowdown:
kader
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 3-16-2007 at 06:23 AM

merveilleux et merci
SamirCanada

[*] posted on 3-16-2007 at 06:25 AM

wow! this was amazing both videos are verry rare and soo nice to hear.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top